EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   2011 ford fiesta (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/2011-ford-fiesta-7981.html)

joesgot4 04-18-2009 11:15 PM

2011 ford fiesta

ford sent me a brochure and said the new 2011 ford fiesta would be avilable for sale about may 2010! what kind of mpg's can i expect! i want a new car now or within the next year,but the reviews for the fiesta are awesome not considering mpg's! should i wait till then for the fiesta or start looking now at a corolla,civic, or something! yall let me know!

Blue07CivicEX 04-18-2009 11:26 PM

I have a buddy who LOVED the old festiva's he had a couple parts cars and one daily driver he could regularly get 50+mpg, I haven't seen much about the new ones, haven't really looked it up but if they follow suit with the old ones they'll be decent.

If you need something now and can't wait I personally love the redesigned corolla's if they had that style out when I was shopping 2 years ago I would have bought the corolla over the civic. When I bought the civic (may '07) the corolla was kinda uglyish without many creature comforts on the highest models, no telescoping steering wheel I'm a bit short and drive MT so that was a necessity to get comfortable, no MP3 player hookup, I forget if it has a sunroof or not, but anyway, those features have been remedied and I believe the car looks pretty solid now.

I still love my civic coupe though, but looking to have a family in a few years hindsight says I should have gotten the 4 door, or waited till the '08 corolla's hit the dealerships.

SVOboy 04-18-2009 11:30 PM

Ford is saying something like 38-40 for epa rating.

Arminius 04-18-2009 11:32 PM

The Fiesta looks like a fantastic car. I'm holding out for the electric Ford Focus, however. I'm already getting my wife mentally prepared for a vehicle that doesn't have enough room between the front seats for her purse or a small cooler. It's going to be a hard battle for me to win.

Daox 04-19-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 98903)
Ford is saying something like 38-40 for epa rating.

I think that may have been a salesman talking. If not it would be great, but that would mean its EPA numbers are higher than the Smart Fortwo. I think we all know its not impossible for the Fiesta to do that, I just kinda doubt it.

UfoTofU 04-19-2009 11:06 AM

The Fiesta appeals to me for a Ford

SVOboy 04-19-2009 12:03 PM

It doesnt seem quite so farfetched, but I guess I'm still caught up thinking 40mpg stinks.

Daox 04-19-2009 03:38 PM

Haha, I'm right there with you too. I know a few people looking for vehicles and I just keep thinking... dang, only 35 mpg? thats horrible. Of course, if we are talking EPA ratings, thats pretty darn good.

SVOboy 04-19-2009 04:03 PM

Well, the Fusion Hybrid gets 41/34 and that think is a tank. So many those sorts of numbers will pop up in a non-hybrid (again) soon.

brucepick 04-19-2009 06:16 PM

If they give it an engine and gearing that are set up more towards better FE and not so much towards "performance" - there's no reason it shouldn't get 38-40 mpg. A bigger engine and/or "shorter" gearing will keep the mpg down where you don't want it.