Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2020, 10:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Cola - '20 Toyota Corolla LE
90 day: 54.26 mpg (US)
New hypermiler from Houston, TX

Hello everyone, I am so glad that I found this community! A perfect place to share my relatively new passion for great fuel economy.

Some background information about me: I didn't really get into hypermiling until I got my 2020 Corolla. I was occasionally interested in the trip fuel economy while driving my dad's 2017 Camry but didn't dig deep into this world until I had my own car. I wanted to feel good about getting the newest Corolla so I've always compared things between cars. One of them turned out to be fuel economy. Immediately, I found out that I easily achieved higher trip mpg's on the Corolla than the Camry. In a short amount of time, I got hooked into beating my best mpg's. Thus, a hypermiler was born. Today, I'm a fresh, class of 2020 graduate and on my way to becoming a civil engineer.

I've been proudly getting about 8 mpg (24%) better than the EPA's rating for combined driving (although I mostly drive highway if possible). My favorite drives are where I would get above 50 mpg on trips between Houston and Austin! About a month ago, I finally got an OBDII reader and paired it with the Car Scanner app for Android. I have so much data and analysis results that I'd like to share with y'all. Let me know which place on this forum would be best for posting!

Also, are there any other younger hypermilers out there? I feel like I am such a minority among the sea of drivers who only care about getting to their destinations asap, lol.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread