EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   2015 model year Chrysler 200, and efficiency. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/2015-model-year-chrysler-200-efficiency-28083.html)

Fat Charlie 01-29-2014 12:13 PM

2015 model year Chrysler 200, and efficiency.

Just did a little online training that talked about the 2015 Chrysler 200. It had some seemingly nice efficiency features.

It's an adaptation of the Dart platform, which is the best place for Chrysler to start. There's a seal on the leading edge of the hood, a closeout panel on the bottom, active grille shutters and they say the Cd is 0.266.

They offer the 2.4 Multiair II (an improvement of some sort over the current one) and the 3.6- and the 2.4 is standard on all trim levels! The 3.6 is available on the upper 2 trim levels, but they don't force you to get a V-6. There are a couple different 9 speed automatics; a manual wasn't mentioned. It's got electric power steering. The optional AWD system disconnects the rear prop shaft until you engage AWD.

Chrysler loves to go all out on some efficiency features and then throw all that out with something else. My favorites are the "Rainy Brake Support," which periodically applies the brakes to remove water buildup on the rotors, and "Ready Alert Braking," which looks for sudden throttle releases and applies some brake pressure to prepare for a possible panic stop.

So- no manual and it applies the brakes just because. Thanks, guys.

Daox 01-29-2014 12:16 PM

Nice Cd. Other than that... I don't like to hate on a domestic brand, and I think they're doing better, but I wouldn't own a Chrysler product if it was donated to me. I'd sell it and get something else. The other two US makers are doing such a better job.

Fat Charlie 01-29-2014 02:05 PM

I work at a dealership. My main problem with their lineup is that most of it is for people who want things that I don't. I'd love a Dart, if it had the 1.4 non turbo and were a hatch.

t vago 01-29-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Charlie (Post 408981)
I work at a dealership. My main problem with their lineup is that most of it is for people who want things that I don't. I'd love a Dart, if it had the 1.4 non turbo and were a hatch.

Yah, tell me about it. I like the Magnum, for instance, but its support forums all feature members who want MOAR POWAH! Bah. I have been wanting to install a 2.87 rear end in my Magnum for a year now, which has a 3.5L engine and a 3.64 rear end now, but they kept on saying it can't be done at all. Figured out by myself how do to it the other day, though, and I will do this once the weather gets warmer.

It'd take an act of God to get me to buy another new Chrysler. I'll stick with used, thank you.

gone-ot 01-29-2014 03:38 PM

FWIW, the most "efficient" MPG modification to my '72 Pinto was swapping the origianal 'manual' 3.55:1 axle out for an 'automatic' 3.18:1 from a baby Mustang.

Of course, the speedometer and odometer readings from then on were "screwed-up" but easily compensated by applying a +12% scale-factor (1.1164 = 3.55/3.18).