Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hello from Calif w/ XFI

Hello to everyone- ive been lurking on these forums and finally decided to join the group.

Ive been reading lots of fun and very interesting projects on here. But some of these tweaks dont have any final conclusions. So ive listed a few here hoping the some can chime in your wisdom.

I have a stock 93 xfi with about 170k miles on it. Ive been thinking about doing the following.

1) Changing out the rings. Therefore whats the conclusion; should i use old rings or use Total Seal sings or ?????

2) Changing out the valves. Any suggestions on what vendor has the best valves ?

3) Adding the singh gooves. Reading the differant data im still not uncertain on the results with a 3 groove on a xfi. Does it actually improve mpg ???

4) Adding the megasquirt. Will the megasquirt wotk better than my stock ECU ?

5)Adding MSD coil and dist. Will this increase the ignition temps to the point where years later it might over heat the head? It happened to my toyota where i saw an increase in hp etc but i eventually warped my head because of the heat increase.

6) If i do a alternator delete. Can i hook up a honda in the back of the XFI with a Honda EU1000 generator to charge the battery in the vehicle when it senses a drop in current? And is there any savings doing this???

Thanks to all you EcoHeads
Erik

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread