EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   5 1983 thru 1991 CRX HFs for sale. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/5-1983-thru-1991-crx-hfs-sale-39057.html)

electric_ride 01-21-2021 09:27 PM

5 1983 thru 1991 CRX HFs for sale.

I just saw this thread . So I will explain a little then move forward. I have been a mechanic for over 40 yrs. Due to health issues and a neighbor who is a thief. I am going to quit working vehicles. I have always loved the CRX HFs . I used them as work cars to save fuel. All ran when I parked them. But you will need new batteries and fresh gas to get them running again. I have titles on some and some I do not. Most of them have less than 150k on them and I have at least one with 90k. I will take 1500 each for them. I will also work on getting pics and info on each of these. If there is a interest. Even if you come to get one and get it running I do NOT recommend driving it home until you get new tires on them. Feel free to call 9AM to 9PM EST 812 493 6256 this is a landline. Thanks

electric_ride 01-24-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronerd122 (Post 641445)
Some pictures would really help here. Thanks )

Be glad to just seeing if there was an interest.:thumbup::thumbup:

California98Civic 01-24-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electric_ride (Post 641453)
Be glad to just seeing if there was an interest.:thumbup::thumbup:

Interested in pics and details... which ones have what miles, which ones have no title...

electric_ride 02-21-2021 08:38 PM

Thanks for replying. I have not done anything on these because we have had snow. I will be getting things posted soon . We have had 12 inches of snow here. I assure I will get it completed soon as I am selling off all of my CRXs because I am retiring and no longer travel like I did. PLUS I will have a number of parts.:thumbup::thumbup:

MetroMPG 02-24-2021 10:13 AM

This sounds like a good opportunity for someone who likes these cars (I love 'em) and is looking a project!

Keep us posted.

Redted 02-25-2021 02:44 PM

Interested if somehow can roll one over the boarder into ontario 🤣

mpg_numbers_guy 02-25-2021 09:49 PM

Oooh, I love the CRX, it's like the grandfather of my car. :)

A couple guys at uni have CRXes, although one needs a TON of repairs and only gets 17-18 mpg even though it is the HF model. One guy has one in his yard on the way to church.

If I had the time/money I'd definitely be interested, but my fiance already told me I'm limited to getting only one more Insight after we get married. :p

electric_ride 02-26-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 643045)
This sounds like a good opportunity for someone who likes these cars (I love 'em) and is looking a project!

Keep us posted.

I love them to, when I was working I would drive them 114 miles round trip per day. They are awesome little cars . I never understood why they quit making them. 53mpg on the HFs and I managed to get my SI to 47 and sometimes 52mpg.

electric_ride 02-26-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy (Post 643189)
Oooh, I love the CRX, it's like the grandfather of my car. :)

A couple guys at uni have CRXes, although one needs a TON of repairs and only gets 17-18 mpg even though it is the HF model. One guy has one in his yard on the way to church.

If I had the time/money I'd definitely be interested, but my fiance already told me I'm limited to getting only one more Insight after we get married. :p

As good as the HFs if I were your friend I would have been finding out why it is so far down . The high gas mileage is one of the reasons I love these cars. I never got more than 48 with a Prius. Now city driving with a Prius I did extremely well. However I rarely drive in the city. Plus they were my little go carts when I had to be in traffic . I could do things the big gas hogs could not do. I was going to restore them but I am going to head a different direction and do something bigger to help with reducing fuel consumption.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redted (Post 643147)
Interested if somehow can roll one over the boarder into ontario 🤣

If you figure it out I would be willing to bring it to the border for a fee but I am not interested in getting a passport and crossing out of the USA.

mpg_numbers_guy 02-26-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electric_ride (Post 643230)
As good as the HFs if I were your friend I would have been finding out why it is so far down . The high gas mileage is one of the reasons I love these cars. I never got more than 48 with a Prius. Now city driving with a Prius I did extremely well. However I rarely drive in the city. Plus they were my little go carts when I had to be in traffic . I could do things the big gas hogs could not do. I was going to restore them but I am going to head a different direction and do something bigger to help with reducing fuel consumption.

Yeah his CRX needs a ton of work, he just needs to find time to fix it. At this point it probably needs an engine rebuild from what he's told me of it. Hopefully he fixes it rather than getting rid of it, it's rare to see any kind of running CRX on the road these days.