EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   600 mile range (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/600-mile-range-13625.html)

brucey 06-21-2010 01:39 AM

600 mile range

Boogie boogie :turtle:!

Just got a 600 mile a tank out of my car. I refuelled at one point with exactly 2 gallons, and later filled up with 13.9. A grand total of 15.9 gallons used and a 16.9 gallon tank.

Woo!

PS: I know the "Miles per tank" is a silly figure since all tanks are different sizes, but I noticed a lot of fluctuation in my averages lately with shorter (1/4~1/2 tank) fill ups and wanted to see what I could do.

37 mpg average over 600 miles is pretty good if you ask me. All those miles were working *loaded* ones too.

bgd73 06-22-2010 12:18 AM

nice
:thumbup:

I got 38 max out of injected sube (you are using the sube? 15.9 gal = sube)

one would need higher grade stuff or a unique fuel with current setup to go farther.

I just fixed a pinhole in the carbed sube gas tank.. I am really itching to get out, with all the highway mods (even the steels had to be strengthened)..almost 4 years of one thing after another, heck bent on a highway 1781cc that can.

the carb is mythical.

I expect bangor,maine to the south of maryland someplace. virginia beach...maybe...
800+ miles. :eek:

a 2wd injected loyale (single point injection) .. I was in pennsylavania someplace to fill back up. Before the thought realm of ecomodder.. I did not even keep track. 1357 miles, 25 hours. Slept for 1. 2 tanks, had a quarter when i got home (the second fill up.) Simply a retarded challenge, no purpose, except to prove the little boxer.
My area is still more biger vehicles than not. i loved flying around the big apple with the little sube. I only have been through there with a rig, a trillion times. The car was a blast..except poisons are everywhere.. enough to choke hillbilly (I gagged):rolleyes:

I hope to do the crazy trip this year.. just to do it. the little suber is getting rare, and noone documented when it was making a legend for itself. Far beyond a hippy cross country beetle...

brucey 06-22-2010 12:35 AM

Yeah, the '00 Outback.

The 90's EJ's had a 15.9 gallon tank, but the 00-09's had a 16.9 gallon.

The '10+'s have an 18.5 gallon tank. I see a pattern here...

SVOboy 06-23-2010 11:42 PM

Congrats :thumbup: Despite the thought that it's a silly measurement, it's the way a lot of people see it and it's nice to know you could drive and drive and drive and the limiting factor would be how sick of it you get and not necessarily how much gas you're burning through.

99metro 07-02-2010 03:07 PM

Hey, it's an important milestone. 600 is great - sorta makes you wanna try for 650 though...huh? Might wanna bring a container with a gallon of gas in it!