EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   69 years of age and never done this before (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/69-years-age-never-done-before-9806.html)

phw 08-24-2009 12:41 PM

69 years of age and never done this before

I have a Zemco zt2 driving computer which I inheirted from my brother who passed away May 15 of this year and I would like to mount it on one of my automobiles which are fuel injected. Would somebody PLEASE help me with this project? I think I need the fuel injection kit no. 1300.

A quick answer would be nice sense I'm not getting any younger.

thank you
phw

email address
phawilkinson@ameritech.net

SVOboy 08-24-2009 01:02 PM

Not sure how the zemco stuff works since it's kind of old tech, but what kind of car is it going on? If it is 96+ you might be better off getting something like a Scangauge that'll just plug into your OBD2 port

phw 08-25-2009 09:19 AM

I'm on a fixed income and don't want to spend $160 on something which would not be any better then what I have now. I just need the kit.

thank you

phw

dcb 08-25-2009 09:35 AM

Hi phw, welcome to ecomodder :)

What kind of fuel injected car do you have? Just curious what information you are looking at that led to the "fuel injection kit no. 1300" part, that might give us a clue what that part does anyway.

phw 08-25-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 123612)
Hi phw, welcome to ecomodder :)

What kind of fuel injected car do you have? Just curious what information you are looking at that led to the "fuel injection kit no. 1300" part, that might give us a clue what that part does anyway.

1992 chysler lebaron covertible and a 1996 dodge ram 1500 v8 318 pichup

thank you

paul

dcb 08-25-2009 05:55 PM

Ok, I realize what that adapter is doing now, converting injector duty cycle into pulses representing fixed quantities of fuel.

Note, if your lebaron (or ram) does not have a fuel return line, you should not need such an adapter and can put the flow sensor in the main fuel supply line (I think).

phw 08-26-2009 09:52 AM

If that is the case why would they sell the electronic fuel injection kit no. 1300??? But thank you it does make sense though and i will try your segestion.

thanks
phw

dcb 08-26-2009 09:58 AM

No prob. You will have to research the fuel plumbing on your cars a bit, maybe someone here knows if they have a fuel return line or not.

A lot of fuel injected cars do have a return line and would need that kit. The fuel line TO the engine in that case will be what the engine burns plus whatever it bleeds off and returns to the tank. You just want to know what the engine burns.

phw 08-26-2009 10:21 AM

I seen on the site that somebody had the instructions on how to build the kit 1300 could you find those for me since I tried and I guess beinging half polish I didn't do to well.

thank you

phw

dcb 08-26-2009 09:51 PM

No luck here, don't see the details published anywhere and you already cast a line for the email route. And you probably have a fuel return line.

While it is neat that you want to use it, and I wish it would have worked out that way, I should note that you can probably get two mpguino s for what you could sell that zemco for. One for the lebaron and one for the 1500, but it isn't the most user friendly setup in the world.