Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
Met Chris Paine today(Director:WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR) he drives a plug-in Rav-4

UNT is sponsoring "Earth Day Summit" today.Chris Paine,film director,Who Killed the Electric Car?(Who Killed the Electric Car?) was invited to speak.The turn out was obscenely low for a student body of over 34,000.So it turned out to be an intimate affair.Chris did a Power-Point presentation touching the high points on EVs,thin film photovoltaics.He is very accessible,shared a lot with us.We all had lunch together and then we pestered him and did show and tell until he had to leave for the airport.He's expected in Los Angeles tomorrow for part of their Earth Day festivities.--------- Chris has the same car as Ed Begley Jr.,the plug-in Rav-4.He's very commited to EVs .He had left Washington,D.C.,where he had met with Congressmen about energy-related issues.He was astounded at some of their ignorance.Better for him to tell that story.We got to see digital photos of D.C.on his camera,and he showed us some clips from one of his upcoming documentaries on his laptop.I dropped $20 for a copy of his film on the EV,he signed it:"the future is electric!" Nice guy.PS he also showed us a very aerodynamic plug-in EV delivery truck produced in Iowa,Bright something or other.I should have been paying closer attention.Sorry.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-22-2009, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
Bright Automotive,Indiana(not Iowa)

wwkayaker posted a thread on this truck at the GENERAL EFFICIENCY page.Check it out.

Reply  Post New Thread