EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   92 vx (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/92-vx-30635.html)

MrSpidy 12-05-2014 03:19 PM

92 vx

4 Attachment(s)
Hello E1:

I have been a member for quite a while now and enjoyed the forums.
I am retiring soon and have been thinking about selling my 92 civic VX.
My question is what is a real value for 92 vx (in your opinions) not the low blue books old car value?
It is completely stock (other than upgraded radio), rust free, 66K miles, AC, runs like new! No accidents a few door dings and light scratches.

Thanks for any advice. MrSpidy

turbothrush 12-06-2014 09:39 PM

Wow ! Really nice vx. Truly rust free vx would be worth far more than one rusted and repaired in my opinion.. I paid $3000 for a mostly rust free vx that I had to repair the wheel arches and I looked at plenty of cars before I bought.
Unfortunately todays cheap gas is not going to help you get top dollar.

Baltothewolf 12-07-2014 12:34 AM

Wow... That is an absolutely wonderful looking VX MrSpidy. As turbo said, the market isn't there for it right now. Wait until gas prices go back to around 4$ a gallon (or wait until it peaks around 4.25 in the summer) and you could probably get at least 5k for it. But please try to sell it to an ecomodder or a collector. I would hate to see some 21 yr old ricer kid get this car and rape the hell out of it.

Also, if you don't already have one, start keeping a log in the glove box with your gas mileage. Miles traveled with fuel consumed with = mpg. This was a selling point when I sold my HX, the buyer saw my logs and asked what they were, and I showed him.

MrSpidy 12-07-2014 02:40 AM

Thanks for the replies.
I have had 12 years bought it with 31k on it from e-bay and had it shipped from Colorado to Ca. My drive is 14 miles and a few days a week so the miles have not gone way up. 38mpg but all city. Did go on one longer trip and got 50mpg.
Blue book was showing about $1400 but I would keep it for that. 3-5 would be different.
Thanx for the help. MrSpidy

Baltothewolf 12-07-2014 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSpidy (Post 458635)
Thanks for the replies.
I have had 12 years bought it with 31k on it from e-bay and had it shipped from Colorado to Ca. My drive is 14 miles and a few days a week so the miles have not gone way up. 38mpg but all city. Did go on one longer trip and got 50mpg.
Blue book was showing about $1400 but I would keep it for that. 3-5 would be different.
Thanx for the help. MrSpidy

Ignore KBB for cars older then 10 years. When my 1995 camry got wrecked, KBB only said like 1200$, and my car was in PERFECT condition with like 89k miles or something. I upended up getting 6k. I'm sure you could get 5k+ once gas prices go up.

bluesteel93 12-07-2014 04:30 AM

I just bought my VX a month ago for 2400 in Orange County (not too far from you) if that helps at all. It was in great condition minus high mileage and an input shaft bearing that needs to be replaced. I like to think I got a good deal on it though. I think 3k sounds about right, but as the others have said wait till summer if you want more.