EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   93 civic vx, Honda guy here. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/93-civic-vx-honda-guy-here-14494.html)

nskforlife 09-09-2010 01:23 AM

93 civic vx, Honda guy here.

i just wanted to make an introduction of myself to everyone on this site. my name is mitch. i currently drive a 93 civic vx. i am nothing new to the honda/import community. i've been a fan of hypermiling for about a year now. i picked up the vx on sunday for 400$, it was a friend of mines and he wrecked it, i'll be fixing it to fair condition but nothing extreme. for the weekend car i have a 94 acura integra gsr sedan, best mpg i got from it was 47mpg hypermiling. it is also currently under construction for a few things.

if anyone has any questions feel free to ask! :) mitch.

bestclimb 09-09-2010 02:21 AM

welcome aboard.

Dave's Civic Duty 09-09-2010 11:07 AM

Welcome! Be careful where you park it. I had mine stolen for the vx engine & tranny. Police told me that thieves have Honda master keys. Put some kind of a anti-start device in it so they can't just run away with it. Mine was a 94. I was getting 47 MPG in the middle of the cold snowy winter.

$400, good price. Good luck, have fun putting your vx back the way you want it!

Dave

nskforlife 09-09-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave's Civic Duty (Post 193256)
Welcome! Be careful where you park it. I had mine stolen for the vx engine & tranny. Police told me that thieves have Honda master keys. Put some kind of a anti-start device in it so they can't just run away with it. Mine was a 94. I was getting 47 MPG in the middle of the cold snowy winter.

$400, good price. Good luck, have fun putting your vx back the way you want it!

Dave

yeah man hondas are pretty easy to steal unfortunately, luckily for me mine looks like a COMPLETE piece of crap, therefore rendering a thieve useless. in due time, i'll make a secondary key out of a serial connector that runs key features from the main relay and ecu. i also plan on purchasing a diy wideband and integrating it into the oem clock area to read ARF instead of the time, i've already made one of these for my integra, they are pretty sweet :)

NachtRitter 09-09-2010 11:58 AM

Welcome!

Dave's Civic Duty 09-09-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nskforlife (Post 193258)
yeah man hondas are pretty easy to steal unfortunately, luckily for me mine looks like a COMPLETE piece of crap, therefore rendering a thieve useless. in due time, i'll make a secondary key out of a serial connector that runs key features from the main relay and ecu. i also plan on purchasing a diy wideband and integrating it into the oem clock area to read ARF instead of the time, i've already made one of these for my integra, they are pretty sweet :)

Mine was a piece of crap looking too. I had zip strips holding up the bumpers & holding the cracks together, just like an ATV. My quarter panels were rusted out so I put foam insulation in them, my wife said it looked like a rabied dog. Someone else said cheese curls! I thought for sure no one would steal mine either so i only had liability coverage, but guess what? Still do your anti-theft switch.:thumbup:

A word to the wise,
Dave:rolleyes:

nskforlife 09-09-2010 05:42 PM

haha will do man. it also helps that i know majority of the people in the car scene in the greater nashville area. also dont know if any of you guys tune your car, but in the program Neptune made to run in a typical honda ECU, you can add an antitheft cfeature where you have to press the gas,brake,gas a user defined amount of times before the car will start.

Dave's Civic Duty 09-10-2010 08:15 AM

Cool, I wish I would have know that before. You should do a post on that ECM info, all the Honda guys may sleep better.

What years does that work for?

Did you check out the guy that is getting 75 MPG in his lean burn CRX?

Keep on lean burning,
Dave:thumbup: