Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Help with some apellations

Hello there!

I am looking for some help and I hope that I will find here someone who will make me stop crying for it.
I am writing an elaboration about european emission standars, and I found two things that are not clear for me.
Firstly, I'd like to know, what deterioration factors really are? Are they admissible aberrations to existing limits? For example - if the limit for CO is 2,72 g/km, then it really could be (with deterioration factor 1,4; adding) 4,2? Or it is percentile value, which is more probable (only 0,03 g/km of difference)? If both things written here are wrong, how could You austerely define it for me?

Secondly - Confirmation of Production. This phrase appears with EURO 1 emission standard. These are additional values (placed in brackets in the table), higher than standard, defined by European Comission. I have no idea what are they, and I cant find any information about it. Truelly, I more or less know what they are used for (quoting): "means of evidencing the ability to produce a series of products that exactly match the specification, performance and marking requirements outlined in the type approval documentation."
The question is: how do they regard to EURO emission standards, wchich ARE exactly "means of evidencing the ability to produce a series of products that exactly match the specification, performance and marking requirements outlined in the type approval documentation." What is the difference between this two things?

I would be very thankful, if somebody will help me. Cheers!

P.S. Sorry for my english. As You can see I am from Poland and I appreciate that there could be many mistakes in my post.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Hi Kitt94, welcome to Ecomodder.

Do you by any chance have weblinks to the European emissions standards you are referring to? And what exactly will your elaboration be used for?

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Here You can find those emission standards, in "Emission standars for light commercial vechicles" section:

en.wikipedia. org/wiki/European_emission_standards

I can't put links in posts yet, just deleta space between "." and "org".

Take a look at values in brackets in the table.

I am writing this elaboration to get a pass in Environmental Protection course in technical university.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Hmm, can find neither deterioration nor confirmation (as text) in that article on Wikipedia. Where did you get that from?

Anyway, I think itis cool to try to pass an Environment Protection course while driving a '90 Buick. At least you got your work cut out for you there.

Actually, Buick is a Dutch name. It means 'Belly'.
So now you know what to do: Trim that Buick in!

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 01-11-2014 at 05:26 PM..
Old 01-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

What You are regarding to? Conformity of Production (yes, I wrote it wrong in first post)?
I found it here - dft.gov. uk/vca/vehicletype/conformity-of-produc.asp

Well - fortunately - my instructor has no idea that i own Buick. So it's only about to bring him the elaboration

Buick - Scottish founder with Dutch surname, who opened his Motor Company in USA. Funny

By "trim in" You mean to make it lighter, right?
Old 01-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
"...suck the belly in..." is what a dirty-old man does when a pretty young girl walks by.

Reply  Post New Thread