EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   ACT score? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/act-score-10925.html)

MadisonMPG 11-09-2009 12:19 PM

ACT score?

Seems like a smart group of folks here, what did you guys make?

I took it for the first time in October, waiting to see what my score is.

bgd73 11-09-2009 02:28 PM

I have never taken it. I was going to for some reason of education in the military attempting to be bridged to the college like stampede... and became disabled severely.

I learned as years went by the dufus can prevail with such testing, ya know, formalities is everything...knowledge isn't.

Who put that i before the e, and who made the rules for them? ... :confused:

crazier than vtec.

I hope the scores are well and do something for you, in truth.

MadisonMPG 11-09-2009 02:49 PM

Going to be honest, I didn't understand a word you said.

Daox 11-09-2009 03:32 PM

Going to be honest, I don't remember. :)

If its the test I'm thinking of, I got ~13 I think.

Unfortunately, the more I work with other people, the less testing and all that stuff seems to matter. If you have a person who likes and is interested in what they are doing, they're gonna be good at it vs the person just doing it for money or because they got stuck doing it.

NiHaoMike 11-09-2009 04:33 PM

In the real world, exam scores often don't mean much. I know some friends who do poorly on exams but do excellent in the real world. And I know some friends who are the reverse... (For example, my friend Brittany Benzaia has a very hard time getting good grades in programming classes. But she's practically a wizard at programming in C++, LOL.)

What really annoys me are class requirements that are completely irrelevant to the major. For example, how do political science and history classes help me with engineering? I don't do very well in those classes and they would be of little help to engineering. I think they should offer alternatives that are useful and interesting. I would have enjoyed history a lot more if it was engineering history.

MadisonMPG 11-09-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiHaoMike (Post 138658)
In the real world, exam scores often don't mean much. I know some friends who do poorly on exams but do excellent in the real world. And I know some friends who are the reverse... (For example, my friend Brittany Benzaia has a very hard time getting good grades in programming classes. But she's practically a wizard at programming in C++, LOL.)

What really annoys me are class requirements that are completely irrelevant to the major. For example, how do political science and history classes help me with engineering? I don't do very well in those classes and they would be of little help to engineering. I think they should offer alternatives that are useful and interesting. I would have enjoyed history a lot more if it was engineering history.

I am this way with grades, I keep about a B average, but i'm 1st or 2nd smartest in all my classes.

gone-ot 11-09-2009 08:30 PM

...I "passed" with a little more than necessary (yes, I still have ALL my GCT-ARI scores from bootcamp).

Mustang Dave 11-09-2009 08:55 PM

As I recall, I got a 29. Hard to remember after 32 years..

dremd 11-09-2009 09:21 PM

24 I was shocked I did that well.
But that was over a decade ago . . . .

jamesqf 11-09-2009 09:56 PM

Some of us did SATs & GREs instead.