EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   ahoy hoy everyone! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ahoy-hoy-everyone-6061.html)

americasfuture2k 11-19-2008 10:13 AM

ahoy hoy everyone!

hi, im mike. i am 25, and in the US Navy. my job is an aviation electronic tech I-level (intermediate level) technician. I work on the individual circuit boards. i am upon a medical seperation.

my cars are:

1. 2008 Chevy Aveo5 SV 5 speed
2. 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT 5 speed with a motor swap.

i like to kind of go into my fiero since its been a dream to have one for the last 10 years. it was originally my brothers and he gave it to me on my 25th. the motor swap is a LX9 3500 from a '06 Chevy Malibu. it has headers, cam, port n polish. he built it up and said it can get up to 35mpg. it still needs to be tweaked and tuned. we will see what it gets. so far upon tuning it gets 8mpg! whoa, crappy. its running too rich. it also has a computer swap done to it. it is now running the 1227730 ECM. and i am tuning that through TunerPro RT, burning chips and emulating with a Moates.net APU1. i hear on pennocks fiero forum (i am on there under the same name) that people are pulling off unbelievably good mpg on their 80s poor mans hotrod. the 4 cyl fiero ive heard gets up to 38 mpg. i was introduced to this group when i was looking for a OBD I mpg moniter. my 95 corvette had one, so i know it was possible on OBD I since a ScanGauge II will not work. i was pointed to the MPGuino. that will definantly help with tuning the car.

my other car, the DD, is an aveo. i thought it was going to be a great economy car. didnt know it was a daewoo until i was at the dealer. guess i didnt research well enough. it gets decent mpg and all, it just has horrible gearing. it can get up and go, but the cruise RPMs are very bad. 65mph @ 2800RPMs. i think it was designed to be driven slower, impede traffic, and get up to speed quickly enough to stay with todays drivers.

pictures of the cars will be up shortly. mostly of the Fiero since the aveo looks like all the others except that i have a carputer.

MetroMPG 11-19-2008 10:33 AM

Hi, Mike. Welcome to EM.

Sounds like you won't have any difficulty whipping together a Guino.

What's up with the name for your Aveo?

Daox 11-19-2008 10:38 AM

Welcome to the site. Any plans for the cars? Obviously tuning for the Fiero, but besides that?

americasfuture2k 11-19-2008 12:30 PM

everyone at work says my car reminds them of the freecreditreport.com commercial car. where he is singing about his posse is getting laughed at as he stalls the car

MetroMPG 11-19-2008 12:36 PM

I hear you. No love for the Aveo. People love to hate it.

americasfuture2k 11-19-2008 01:22 PM

yea, the aveo isnt loved much.

as for the fiero, its just going to my daily once its finished. and course car on the weekends. it feels good enough for performance. i cant wait to see what all it can do. power and mpg. and course times.

how do i get my eco meter to display?

americasfuture2k 11-19-2008 02:18 PM

got it! so obvious too. doiy-

cfg83 11-19-2008 04:09 PM

americasfuture2k -

Welcome to EM! I have never done any research, but I keep thinking that the Aveo *might* have a taller-geared tranny option lying around in Europe. In Europe, they call it the Chevrolet Kalos.

CarloSW2

americasfuture2k 11-19-2008 04:25 PM

if you can find a final drive gear tall enough in america, let me know. it needs one badly.

SVOboy 11-19-2008 05:39 PM

Welcome to ecomodder! I'm sure there's something you can do with the aveo, :)

zjrog 11-19-2008 09:47 PM

Welcome from a retired squid...

americasfuture2k 11-22-2008 12:48 PM

woo, a squid. go us.

haha, i just noticed i had a mispelling on my signature. and that changes what it means and doesnt make sense at the same time.

Tango Charlie 11-22-2008 02:34 PM

I always thought a hammer was good for an electrical problem. Like the technique the cosmonaut used on the MIR in the movie Armageddon. :p