EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Amazon have it in for me. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/amazon-have-me-35640.html)

JockoT 09-17-2017 04:45 PM

Amazon have it in for me.

I have been a customer of Amazon for years. They are always my first port of call for buying online. I have Prime Membership and normally get the goods next day. Just over a week ago I cancelled my auto renewal for Prime (it was too easy to shop!).
I then had a parcel fail to deliver on two days on the trot. DPD said no one was in and each time a card was left. Both my wife and I were at home, our lounge is just behind the front door, and there were no cards left.
Yesterday I was expecting a parcel and it was not delivered (Amazon Logistics was the carrier). It was not delivered today either, nor was a second parcel they were supposedly delivering. I contacted Amazon and they said they had tried to deliver but couldn't. They confirmed the parcels have the correct address.
It is as if Amazon have a vendetta against me since I cancelled my Prime membership. :mad:

redpoint5 09-17-2017 09:59 PM

Amazon doesn't perform delivery services. Probably a new guy is confused by the delivery route. My stuff is sometimes delivered to neighbors.

oil pan 4 09-17-2017 10:06 PM

You have angered the amazon mofia. They will hold your parcels hostage until you pay protection money.

freebeard 09-17-2017 10:33 PM

I was hoping that the third leg of the triad to make an effectual Internet — anonymous digital cash (the others being anonymity and authentication) would come first, but Al Gore turned the credit card companies loose before the introduction of Bitcoin and now the whole thing is corrupt.

I've never done commerce on Internet.

redpoint5 09-18-2017 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebeard (Post 550175)
I've never done commerce on Internet.

...and we wonder why your friend calls you a Luddite.;) :p

JockoT 09-18-2017 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpoint5 (Post 550172)
Amazon doesn't perform delivery services. Probably a new guy is confused by the delivery route.

Here in the UK Amazon has their own delivery company, Amazon Logistics, but also use DPD. The first parcel undelivered was DPD and , like you, I thought it was probably just a new guy. However, the second and third parcels were Amazon Logistics. Another new guy. Maybe, but it is a bit of a coincidence. Perhaps DPD paid him off and Amazon Logistics hired him!
DPD kept saying they had put a card through the door. but not my door. They do that here. If they deliver to a neighbour they put a card through your door to say where they have left it and at what time they tried to deliver, plus show it on their online tracking information.
I think they are just trying to show me how inconvenient not having Amazon Prime is, before my membership finally expires!

jamesqf 09-18-2017 01:02 PM

Here the delivery company (which might be UPS, FedEx, or US Mail) generally just leaves stuff at the door. But of course I'm in a fairly rural area, so not a lot of walk-bys who might be tempted.

JockoT 09-18-2017 03:28 PM

Sunday's delivery arrived today, but Saturday's is still AWOL. Same carrier!

JockoT 09-20-2017 01:27 PM

I suspect it is the carriers who are at fault. Some of the drivers barely speak English so would have difficulty asking for directions. I have amended my address to include "Top Floor Flat", so if they turn up at a bungalow they may have second thoughts!

Xist 09-20-2017 02:01 PM

Yes, but if they are men, they will refuse to ask directions!

Apparently, my shipping instructions depend on the carrier. For USPS (US Postal Service), I now have a P.O. box, but for UPS, I need to give them my house address, because they actually deliver.

I could have had my stuff yesterday had I realized that.

I can only wonder what it would take to receive packages from FedEx, Airborn Express, etc. Sacrificing my first born child? Staying on-topic?