EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Another AYGO (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/another-aygo-19161.html)

Sykomor 10-15-2011 02:33 PM

Another AYGO

Ecomodder.com has already been very helpful in my aim for 3,5l/100km so thanks all for a great community.
My car is a 2007 Toyota Aygo -- IGOR -- which just got quick and dirty wheel covers; a roll of self adhesive plastic did the trick and I'm in the process of calibrating my new UltraGauge.
My biggest still unanswered question is how to accelerate but I guess the UltraGauge will be helpful. Soon I will lower the car 30 mm and planning on grill block. LED:s in the trunk waiting.

Daox 10-16-2011 10:17 AM

Welcome to the site.

euromodder 10-17-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sykomor (Post 265689)
Ecomodder.com has already been very helpful in my aim for 3,5l/100km so thanks all for a great community.

Welcome aboard.

What tricks and techniques are you using to get that kind of mileage ?
You're putting a good many diesels drivers to shame :thumbup: including me :o

Sykomor 10-17-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by euromodder (Post 265942)
Welcome aboard.

What tricks and techniques are you using to get that kind of mileage ?
You're putting a good many diesels drivers to shame :thumbup: including me :o

I aim for 3,5l/100km but I'm not there yet. The last fillings have resulted in about 3,8. The 8% should be possible I guess starting with grill block followed by wheel skirts.
I'll start a thread about the ongoing IGOR-project but in short it's mostly about driving style I guess: It takes forever to get to and from work.

Arragonis 10-18-2011 07:38 AM

Another Aygo - woo hoo! And doing some superb MPGs too. Like the wheel covers. What LEDs are you going to use, are these for DRLs ?

Are you planning to block the whole grill or just the bottom ? I've blocked the nostrils (upper grill, either side of the big T) on mine. Hard to tell if there is any difference yet due to the non-stop gales we've been having.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/member-ar...llsblocked.jpg

Going to block the bottom when it gets colder, and then maybe look at the underside in spring - too cold just now :rolleyes:

vtec-e 10-18-2011 11:54 AM

Welcome! You are indeed putting "some" diesel drivers to shame!:)

Sykomor 10-18-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtec-e (Post 266069)

It's not a competition, is it? :)

Arragonis 10-18-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sykomor (Post 266084)
It's not a competition, is it? :)

Well no...

...but its nice to win :thumbup:

Are you starting a project thread ?

Sykomor 10-18-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arragonis (Post 266045)
Another Aygo - woo hoo! And doing some superb MPGs too. Like the wheel covers. What LEDs are you going to use, are these for DRLs ?

Are you planning to block the whole grill or just the bottom ? I've blocked the nostrils (upper grill, either side of the big T) on mine. Hard to tell if there is any difference yet due to the non-stop gales we've been having.

Going to block the bottom when it gets colder, and then maybe look at the underside in spring - too cold just now :rolleyes:

I changed the parking lights to these: [OOps, not allowed to post links. 28 LED:s in a "bulb" W ww.ebay.com/itm/170704812150?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649] so I won't have to use the H4:s during daylight. Also LED:s in rear/brake.

Im planning to block just the bottom; I believe in cold air intake.

I'll try to start a thread with my mods in a couple of days... The language is going to be a bit of a problem but I'll try my best.

Sykomor 10-18-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtec-e (Post 266069)

The EPA is really high to begin with. 15% over EPA is not impressive compared to a lot of users here.

Arragonis 10-18-2011 02:07 PM

Could I ask, you have a fillup of 12.18 US gallons which is 46.11 litres, but the official tank size of the Aygo is 35 litres.

Is this a split tank ?

Sykomor 10-18-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arragonis (Post 266094)
Could I ask, you have a fillup of 12.18 US gallons which is 46.11 litres, but the official tank size of the Aygo is 35 litres.

Is this a split tank ?

The plan was to only fill with 5 liters at the time to save weight but then I got the UltraGauge. To be able to calibrate I had to fill up to full. It's all in detail at sprimonitor dot de.

Arragonis 10-18-2011 03:36 PM

You mean

Spritverbrauch berechnen und Autokosten verwalten - Spritmonitor.de

?

Sykomor 10-18-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arragonis (Post 266100)

Well, yes sorry about that. I was thinking click the brittish flag and make a search for "Sykomor". I'm apparently not allowed to post likns as a lurker but it goes something like this: three w:s spritmonitor.de/en/detail/477434.html

vtec-e 10-18-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sykomor (Post 266092)
The EPA is really high to begin with. 15% over EPA is not impressive compared to a lot of users here.

Agreed. I think that the higher the EPA figure (in L/100k) the bigger the percentage it can be beaten by. But a car with a low EPA figure to start with isn't going to be beaten by a whole lot.
Well, from my experience anyway, for what it's worth!
For example, my EPA is something like 3.5L/100k. If i beat it by 50% i would be getting something like 1.75L/100k, clearly crazy figures! Now, i can do about 2L/100k on the straight and level but that doesn't count for much. :(

Still, i'm using very little fuel overall so i can't complain!

Sykomor 10-18-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtec-e (Post 266115)
Agreed. I think that the higher the EPA figure (in L/100k) the bigger the percentage it can be beaten by. But a car with a low EPA figure to start with isn't going to be beaten by a whole lot.
Well, from my experience anyway, for what it's worth!
For example, my EPA is something like 3.5L/100k. If i beat it by 50% i would be getting something like 1.75L/100k, clearly crazy figures! Now, i can do about 2L/100k on the straight and level but that doesn't count for much. :(

Still, i'm using very little fuel overall so i can't complain!

Another interesting fact is that you can beat the EPA by way over 100% if measured in mpg but in l/100km it will be difficult. This is the first time ever I preferred non metric.

Arragonis 10-19-2011 04:41 AM

I'm not getting the match between SM and the EM log, but I'm sure it works out. ;)

What are you going to use the LEDs for, and did you notice much difference with the Iridium plugs ? I've seen those recommended by the Aygo club here in the UK.

Sykomor 10-19-2011 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arragonis (Post 266216)
I'm not getting the match between SM and the EM log, but I'm sure it works out. ;)

What are you going to use the LEDs for, and did you notice much difference with the Iridium plugs ? I've seen those recommended by the Aygo club here in the UK.

I didn't bother to make the calculations myself but according to google 4,01 l/100km translates to 58,7mpg. I have double checked the figures so it should be correct. I haven't yet done the calibration so the actual figures are better.

I tried to post about the LED:s but it doesn't show. The parking lights in front are 28 LED-"bulbs" so I won't have to use the H4:s during daylight. I also put LED:s in rear/brake lights.
Since I did so many modifications at the same time it's not possible to say anything about the iridium sparks. I just decided to do samething radical about the milage so I did everything.

Arragonis 10-19-2011 05:37 AM

Look forward to seeing the lights - I'm saving for a set of Ring Lyra DRLs as its a complete kit including integration with sidelights and headlights. Also pics of any other mods too.

Well done with the mileage, you're a good 15% ahead of me ;)

Sykomor 10-19-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arragonis (Post 266221)
Look forward to seeing the lights - I'm saving for a set of Ring Lyra DRLs as its a complete kit including integration with sidelights and headlights. Also pics of any other mods too.

Well done with the mileage, you're a good 15% ahead of me ;)

Thanks.
Home from work today I got 3,30l/100km=71.3mpg! I just hope the UltraGauge is accurate. I'll start a new thread for the mods.

euromodder 10-19-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sykomor (Post 266092)

It is impressive, as you're not 15% over EPA, but 15% over the New European Driving Cycle / NEDC, wich is far less realistic and thus a lot harder to beat than the US EPA cycle.

PaleMelanesian once computed that new-EPA is 85% of the less realistic NEDC.
That'd put you at around 25% over EPA.

Sykomor 10-19-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by euromodder (Post 266270)
It is impressive, as you're not 15% over EPA, but 15% over the New European Driving Cycle / NEDC, wich is far less realistic and thus a lot harder to beat than the US EPA cycle.

PaleMelanesian once computed that new-EPA is 85% of the less realistic NEDC.
That'd put you at around 25% over EPA.

Thats encouraging. Thanks.

The thread about Igor is up if you're interested. Nothing special compared to you all here. I'm really impressed with everybodys acheivement.