EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Another no-name car (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/another-no-name-car-29015.html)

botsapper 05-21-2014 02:05 PM

Another no-name car

1 Attachment(s)
Another Michigan-manufacturer plate in front of me. Taking pics of it but suddenly sped off and weaved thru rush hour traffic. Large sedan with no camo but did not have a name badge.

I have a good guess but what do you think it is?

...answer in 24 hrs.

Frank Lee 05-21-2014 02:11 PM

Chrysler 200, unknown trim level, could be a proto for a '16 trim level as I've not found any online pics that match every detail.

backpacker3 05-21-2014 04:34 PM

It looks a lot like the Chrysler 200 to me too

Fat Charlie 05-21-2014 04:41 PM

The trunk emblem looks awfully Chrysler to me.

Xist 05-21-2014 04:50 PM

Pontiac Sunfire.

Don't mind me, I will find my way out... :D

darcane 05-21-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botsapper (Post 425515)
Another Michigan-manufacturer plate in front of me. Taking pics of it but suddenly sped off and weaved thru rush hour traffic. Large sedan with no camo but did not have a name badge.

I have a good guess but what do you think it is?

...answer in 24 hrs.

Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Frank Lee 05-21-2014 05:16 PM

darcane wins! Dang but they look similar.

botsapper 05-21-2014 05:31 PM

Darcane got it! The dual exhausts makes it the3.8L V6 HTRAC AWD model, not the quad pipes of the 5.0 V8. There is a lot of new Hyundai/Kia testing around these parts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2BC0jZG8GM#t=14

darcane 05-21-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botsapper (Post 425559)
Darcane got it! The dual exhausts makes it the3.8L V6 HTRAC AWD model, not the quad pipes of the 5.0 V8. There is a lot of new Hyundai/Kia testing around these parts.

BTW, you were a little off on "no name badge". The emblem on the trunk lid is the Genesis emblem:
http://www.hyundaishop.com/images/pr...5RearSedan.JPG

botsapper 05-21-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darcane (Post 425565)
BTW, you were a little off on "no name badge". The emblem on the trunk lid is the Genesis emblem:
http://www.hyundaishop.com/images/pr...5RearSedan.JPG

...that's why I slightly obscured the license plates and 'name'.

backpacker3 05-21-2014 10:30 PM

That does make a lot more sense the front end looks very similar to the new 200 but the badge on the back looked different from the Chrysler logo. Darcane definitly got this one though.

bhazard 05-21-2014 10:40 PM

10-20 years ago would any of you guess that Hyundai would sell something like this, here? I mean...a 400+ hp V8 RWD anything?

darcane 05-22-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botsapper (Post 425616)
...that's why I slightly obscured the license plates and 'name'.

I thought it seemed a little hard to make out. :P

Xist 05-23-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botsapper (Post 425559)

Hyundai Genesis. One of our female Soldiers bought her boyfriend's Genesis coupe and everytime that I refer to her Hyundai she gets upset and says that it is a Genesis, not a Hyundai.

I love it when women try to argue cars with me.

Xist 05-23-2014 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 425830)
Hyundai Genesis. One of our female Soldiers bought her boyfriend's Genesis coupe and everytime that I refer to her Hyundai she gets upset and says that it is a Genesis, not a Hyundai.

I love it when women try to argue cars with me.

Disregard. I remembered that I hate when women argue with me about anything.

botsapper 05-23-2014 11:53 AM

Hyundai Group owns Hyundai Motor Company branded vehicles and Kia Motors (1/3-owned subsidiary). Hyundai is trying to brand Genesis as a separate luxury car segment. So she is sticking to it. The Bentley Mulsanne, Bugatti Veyron and Lamborghini Aventador, are Volkswagen's (Group).

Xist 05-23-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botsapper (Post 425869)
Hyundai Group owns Hyundai Motor Company branded vehicles and Kia Motors (1/3-owned subsidiary). Hyundai is trying to brand Genesis as a separate luxury car segment. So she is sticking to it. The Bentley Mulsanne, Bugatti Veyron and Lamborghini Aventador, are Volkswagen's (Group).

I feel that Hyundai does not like their image, so they are trying to reinvent themselves with products in a different league than they have established. To be honest, I do not see anything wrong with Hyundai cars in general, I just wish the name were more distinct from Honda.

It is like she is getting defensive for no reason.

On the other hand, I do not like their "Upgrade to a Hyundai" campaign, but they would not be doing their job if they did not try to convince us their car was better. Didn't they start the trend of offering longer warranties? I do not know how applicable Chris Farley's line about guarantees was in "Tommy Boy."

Also, their Sonata hybrid is one of the most aerodynamic production cars, and I respect that.

darcane 05-23-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botsapper (Post 425869)

But...

Bentley, Bugatti, and Lamborghini were all separate companies that were acquired by VAG.

If Hyundai is trying to spin off Genesis as it's own brand, that would be more like Dodge turning RAM and SRT into their own brands. Everyone still thinks of RAM trucks and SRT Vipers as Dodges...

Fat Charlie 05-23-2014 07:18 PM

... Everyone except punks who picked up old Neons. They love telling me "It's not a Neon, it's an SRT!"

UltArc 05-23-2014 07:19 PM

A lot of talk here about my LEAST two favorite brands...lol

Do you guys not have a lot of the genesis around you? They are not everywhere, but people around here who want to look flashy love their hyundais and chryslers. Usually with rims, and blacking everything out. Of course a car gets better when the tail lights, emblems, windows, and any little thing they can find is black. Way better.

Then again, when they drive past they are usually flying. 4-4.4k pound cars must get great mileage chugging along at 85+.

darcane 05-23-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltArc (Post 425937)
A lot of talk here about my LEAST two favorite brands...lol

Do you guys not have a lot of the genesis around you? They are not everywhere, but people around here who want to look flashy love their hyundais and chryslers. Usually with rims, and blacking everything out. Of course a car gets better when the tail lights, emblems, windows, and any little thing they can find is black. Way better.

Then again, when they drive past they are usually flying. 4-4.4k pound cars must get great mileage chugging along at 85+.

I see Genesis coupes all over the place. Not many sedans though.

Xist 05-23-2014 08:23 PM

The female Soldier with the Genesis coupe said "I am good at driving, just not pivoting" as she tried to explain how she scratched her very shiny car. Apparently, she since had that fixed, but I keep thinking that I will cut a sliver of bar soap and draw a scratch on it..

:D

Pivoting?! What is that supposed to be?! They have her drive some of the largest trucks in the Army!

Oh, I think she was one of the three female Soldiers I found sitting in a truck months ago, when we were supposed to be inspecting them. I walked up and asked if there was a problem. "The truck will not start."

So, you are using Social Media?

I do not even know where the middle one was sitting, there are only two seats!

UltArc 05-23-2014 08:45 PM

In my personal experience in my own area (AKA, I don't want to offend anyone here by this), the only people who buy hyundais or chryslers have not looked at any other vehicles.

I do have a lot of respect for the Velositer, and the little GT wagon. I don't care for GT going on an economy hatchback/wagon, but I like the car. Not great, but good value, like the Velositer.

Xist 05-24-2014 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltArc (Post 425952)
In my personal experience in my own area (AKA, I don't want to offend anyone here by this), the only people who buy hyundais or chryslers have not looked at any other vehicles.

I have a friend who keeps going through Chrysler cars, but she probably thinks they are the cutest or something.