EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Any Baseball Fans? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/any-baseball-fans-1829.html)

RH77 04-13-2008 01:18 AM

Any Baseball Fans?

Way off topic to the site, but any Baseball fans here?

I know for sure a Dodger fan is among us...

KC Royals -- True Blue. Laugh all you want, but it's the first season start of 2-0 for 28 years! Pitching is finally in the top 10. Tickets -- still cheap :D

Tonight, they had an awesome giveaway: first 20,000 fans received a replica player jersey. It retails for $90, and 5 family members got one each for free :)

Here's the problem: high 20's wind chill! Not baseball Weather, but a fun night. We lost to the Twins, but fun anyway.

I've never been into sports, but the last couple of years have fostered a love for Baseball. Being able to travel for work, I'm starting to "collect" parks (sponsor names change, but here's the list so far of games attended...)

Royals (Kauffman Stadium) -- Home field
Boston Fenway
Cleveland Indians ("The Jake")
St. Louis Cardinals
Texas Rangers
(Not many, but that's the fun: the potential ;))

The Twins are next on the list -- a visit to Twin Cities for the weekend against Boston.

Who do you root for?

RH77

Arminius 04-13-2008 01:21 AM

I have to root for the home team don't I? The Brewers? :eek:

After that, I'm rooting for a snowball in hell.

RH77 04-13-2008 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arminius (Post 19278)
I have to root for the home team don't I? The Brewers? :eek:

After that, I'm rooting for a snowball in hell.

There was a fan group last year that agreed to pee their pants (literally) if the Brewers took the pennant last year. They had a good chance for a while.

Midwest Airlines provides the planes for the Royals, so your home Airline helps us out. :thumbup:

RH77

cfg83 04-13-2008 03:45 AM

RH77 -

San Francisco Giants fan since 1974-ish. The perfect radio-sport for driving. A few nights ago Bengie Molina smacked a game-winning home run in the bottom of the 11th as I was pulling into my driveway. The next night, while I was going East on the 60, Dan Ortmeier hit a game winning double in the bottom of the 9th for a 1-0 win. The wins will probably be few and far between this year, so I gotta remember the good ones, :o .

In LA I can get the following stations :

AM 680 KNBR - Giants, only at night, depending on the weather
AM 1090 XX - Padres
AM 790 KABC - Dodgers, :mad:
AM 830 KLAA - Angels (2002 = :mad:)

Because of where I am, I've seen lots of Dodger games over the years.

I used to post on Usenet on this forum :

rec.sport.baseball.teams.giants

It had the legendary Gregg Pearlman, long suffering Gints fan among Gints fans :

http://eeeeeegp.blogspot.com/

Might go see the quakes this summer :

Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
http://www.rcquakes.com

And don't forget, Ya Gotta Have a Program!!!!!!

CarloSW2

LostCause 04-13-2008 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 19283)
AM 680 KNBR - Giants, only at night, depending on the weather
AM 1090 XX - Padres
AM 790 KABC - Dodgers, :mad:
AM 830 KLAA - Angels (2002 = :mad:)

Angels 2002 :D

I'm not a baseball fan, but driving by the Angel's stadium during the world series was pretty wild. I think everyone in my extended family but me loves (Angels) baseball.

I don't know what it is with me and sports. I played football all throughout high school, but hell if I can watch anything sports related on TV or real life. :o

cfg83 04-13-2008 06:49 AM

LostCause -

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostCause (Post 19286)
Angels 2002 :D

I'm not a baseball fan, but driving by the Angel's stadium during the world series was pretty wild. I think everyone in my extended family but me loves (Angels) baseball.

I don't know what it is with me and sports. I played football all throughout high school, but hell if I can watch anything sports related on TV or real life. :o

Arghhhhh, my Angel's fan friend invited me to watch Game 7 at his house. I felt like Malcolm McDowell in the eyeball scene in Clockwork Orange because I *knew* the Giants were going to lose after Game 6.

Rally Monkeys haunt my darkest nightmares.

CarloSW2

igo 04-13-2008 02:00 PM

Since the PGH Pirates have have had 14 straight years under .500 I don't think will be paying much attention to them this year. Uhgh I am getting angry just typing this. The Pirates are a joke.

Go Penguins! Its hockey playoff time ya know.

RH77 04-13-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igo (Post 19336)
Since the PGH Pirates have have had 14 straight years under .500 I don't think will be paying much attention to them this year. Uhgh I am getting angry just typing this. The Pirates are a joke.

Go Penguins! Its hockey playoff time ya know.

The Pirates will have their day -- I grew up an Indians fan (80's) and they've turned it around.

Sadly, we have no hockey in KC :( We had the "Outlaws" minor league team to follow a couple years back, and the 'Blades' before that, but we can't hang on to them.

We have to drive 4-hours to StL to catch a Blues game. We went about a month or so ago, and they absolutely stunk (vs. the San Jose Sharks). Learn to pass! :mad:

Otherwise, it's TV hockey, which isn't like being there, but I'll catch a playoff game now and then. But I'll agree -- go Pens! I usually root for Detroit (first NHL game I attended) but they have quite the legacy.

RH77

Lazarus 04-13-2008 02:35 PM

I don't know if this is professional only but I'm more of a college fan. It's fun to watch games played for the love of the game. Go Aggies:thumbup:

Mike 04-14-2008 12:26 PM

Big Jays fan here