EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Tech (https://ecomodder.com/forum/off-topic-tech.html)
-   -   Any help finding more info on this vehicle (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/any-help-finding-more-info-vehicle-20256.html)

Nerys 01-25-2012 01:29 PM

Any help finding more info on this vehicle

I am seriously considering buy this car. its $7000 (called price is $6990)

Wildfire Motors - WF120-2T Total Electric NEV

but they have so little info its annoying. they really skirt around the 24mph imposed software speed limit. I need to know if it can go 40mph without the limiter (its a 120vac motor so it should be able too)

but I just need more information in general. they give so little info on the car.

can anyone help me find it? nothing on google or youtube so I am guessing the name of it is THEIR name and not the original manufacturer's name.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

mcrews 01-25-2012 04:07 PM

maybe use 'google'....

Neighborhood Electric Vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NEV is a 'class' of vehicles that meet certain constrants.
For somebody looking to drop $7k, you really havent done any home work.

Nerys 01-25-2012 04:53 PM

For someone who comes off snippy and demeaning you sure don't know how to read very well.

care to enlighten me as to where on that page is "ANYTHING" at all related to this specific vehicle I am inquiring about?

I know all about NEV and NEV class and all that crap.

not interested.

I need info on this specific car.

NO I have not done much homework on "THIS SPECIFIC CAR" because I can not "FIND" any.

so I am assuming the NAME is specific to wildfire.

but its a chinese vehicle hoping to find its other names or its original name anything so I can find more info on this specific vehicle.

I mean your reply is about as useful as someone coming here and asking about geo metro's and you reply with a link to a wikipedia article on what an "automobile" is and tell me to read up on DMV rules for my state.

ie less than useless.

mcrews 01-25-2012 05:12 PM

here is what you 'claim' you want to know:
they really skirt around the 24mph imposed software speed limit. I need to know if it can go 40mph without the limiter

If you REALLY know so much, then you 'know' that the class of vehicles are limited by law and design.
For a reason.
If they go faster, then they have to be desgned completely differently.

But forgive me for reading your entire post:
but I just need more information in general

any help would be greatly appreciated

Maybe you should think about how you phrase the question before you post....oh.....and think before you reply. Your analogy is very flawed.

Nerys 01-25-2012 05:15 PM

yeah you missed this part

but I just need more information in general. they give so little info on the car.

I NEVER claimed to want to know more about the speed limiter. you have a reading problem if you think so. I was pretty clear. I need more general information about "THIS CAR"

and just so happens PA lets me go "faster" in nev's but has higher requirements for safety equipment. in OHIO they are not allowed to sell them faster than 24mph but once I come to PA "I CAN" make it go faster.

that was just one example. you stopped on that example. you fixated on that example even though I was not even ASKING you about that bit of info.

I also did NOT ask for NEV information I found "TONS" of that I needed info specific to that car.

you came off as rather snotty in your reply hence my reply.

did I misread that? or did I read it spot on?

mcrews 01-25-2012 05:22 PM

THere is an interesting informal 'rating' system on this forum.
I always use it as a guide to the poster.

It's the thank you count on the side.

You have been 'thanked' 12 times..............and you've posted over 700.
That tells alot.

Nerys 01-25-2012 05:24 PM

so I ask for help. you get your panties in a knot over the speed thing that I was not even asking you about and then provide WORTHLESS information on what I asked for.

I call you on it and your reply is to utter more worthless crap about a thanks rating?

yeah your useless. I really hate people like you. bug the crap out of me.

your what we call. trolls

EOL

mcrews 01-25-2012 05:29 PM

obviously a larger number find your posts "thankless" than mine.

By definition, trolls don't get thanked..........

So, your a name caller and 98% of what you post isn't worth a thank you.

Ryland 01-25-2012 08:24 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildfire_(motor_company)
Quote:

WF-120V Total Electric NEV and WF-72V
The WF-120V is a two-seat coupe manufactured by Shandong Huoyun Electric Car Co., Ltd, located in Zibo, China.[4] The WF-72V is a four-seat sedan manufactured by Shandong Pioneer Motorcycle Co., Ltd.[5] The WF-120 is powered by a 8.5 kilowatt, 120 volt AC motor. The WF-72V is powered by a 8.5 kilowatt, 72 volt, AC motor. The styling of the WF-120V seems to be a copy of the Smart, including lines in quarter panels where the Smart doors are supposed to close.[6] This appears to be a liability and the owner of the Smart design (Mercedes)[7] may force the manufacturer to stop import or take other legal action.[who?] As they are registered as neighborhood electric vehicles, both are programmed by the manufacturer not to exceed 25 miles per hour but can be adjusted to run up to 50 miles per hour.
They do not say how to adjust the top speed but on some speed controllers it's a screw adjustment on the controller, others you plug in, on cheaper controllers like this has I suspect it's a screw adjustment.

mcrews 01-25-2012 08:40 PM

pathetic quote of the year: nothing on google or youtube so I am guessing the name of it is THEIR name and not the original manufacturer's name.

Ryland found: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildfire_(motor_company)

uppps!!!!:eek:

Bet you googled to get that........:thumbup:

the op is too lazy to go to wiki.......he already knows everything :rolleyes:

Ryland 01-25-2012 08:53 PM

I Google'd 120v controller for wildfire nev and that page was the first that came up, still searching on how to adjust the speed controller.

Ryland 01-25-2012 08:57 PM

Wildfire WF120-V Total Electric Vehicle NEV

Quote:

I have test drove one one of these china smart knock-offs, here is my inital impressions:

- The construction is shotty at best, very cheap fiberglass. Interior is the cheeziest plastic I have ever seen.
- Seats are tiny and uncomfortable, if your larger than 5'5 and 125 lbs, your going to have a hard time fitting in this.
- The ride is super rough, like a go cart with no suspension just the axels welded to the frame, truely a filling-rattling-loose experance.
- The motor and transmission is super I mean SUPER loud, sounds like riding a large cordless electric drill with a bad gear in it. At 30 MPH (they don't come speed limited, I got this one up to about 40 on a down hill) the motor and transmission was so loud you couldn't carry on a conversation.

Ryland 01-25-2012 09:07 PM

Help* Greatland Controller (china) Speed Question - DIY Electric Car Forums

Makes it sound like it's software that needs to be tapped in to to change the speed controllers settings and that no one can find the program needed.

Nerys 01-25-2012 09:27 PM

not too worried about the speed. more worried about everything ELSE about the car.

thanks for the info ryland I appreciate it. I found most of that stuff (though the seattle page is new and enlightening) but they are all talking about the wrong vehicle (though from the specs I have found SAME drivetrain which is concerning. solid axles sounds like a pothold accident waiting to happen.

I have a feeling the WF120V-2T is just a variant of the WF120V and the specs and results are probably similar.

I don't really care if it has cheap plastic and fiberglass body. I would drive and treat it like a motorcycle.

the solid no suspension axles concerns me. our roads are not that great.

I wonder if the person talking about the noise just got a bad sample? I have seen videos of the "car" version of this and it was not "loud" by any measure I would use. extremely quite actually even racing at 40mph in "1st" gear.

but it was a different car so I don't know.

thats why I am seeking info. I don't have $7k but if I can swing it somehow I sure don't plan to plunk down $7k with no info and its downright scary how little I can find on this.

in fact the only picture i found was on wildfire's site even tineye found nothing.