EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Any Jeep Owners on here with any MPG success stories?? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/any-jeep-owners-here-any-mpg-success-stories-10067.html)

95CHERJUST 09-08-2009 11:40 AM

Any Jeep Owners on here with any MPG success stories??

I have a 95 jeep cherokee 2 door XJ auto 4x4 i6 4.0

I have done the following, any ideas for more FE or mpg success stories that would help me.

-Stan Meyer Replica HHO Hydrogen Cell all 316 stainless steel, puts out almost 2.0LPM, running at 10amps 150 degrees, b&m cooler too.
-Map and 02 enhancer to lean the jeep out since adding hho.
-Transmission cooler so Trans runs as cool as possible
-Transmission kick down cable as tight as possible so shifts are as firm as possible no lagging
-PCV enhancer to catch oil blow by from valve cover to intake.
-battery voltage stabilizer, supposively helps keep everything at a stable voltage
-Fuel Magnet supposively helps
-3.0” warm air intake next to header cone air filter best mpg is warm air
-Removed clutch fan for electric fan less moving parts and it is adj and kicks on at 205, and thermostat is 195 highest possible.
-6 new Bosch fuel efficient spray injectors, no more pencil spray old stock junk ones that prob leak too.
-Throttle body spacer with cyclone lines for better combustion and mpg
-Timing advanced as far as possible for better mpg
-Block heater so motor warms up faster to operating temp and into closed loop
-2000 jeep intake manifold that flows better and 15hp increase
-Tire pressures are all at 55PSI
-Run in neutral on hills and turn off if it’s a long enough hill, same thing at long lights it’s turned off.
-Serp belt is as loose as possible so spins as free as possible
-removed a/c and all that weight, and re-routed alternator in a/c's old spot so no more idler, fan or a/c pulley. smaller belt and less things to run around.
-Removed hitch, front driveshaft, spare tire and holder, rear seats, seatbelts, rear carpet, roof rack, and any other odds and ends that add extra weight.
-then rhino lined floors so its like a truck bed on the inside.
-All fluids in the jeep are the lightest weight possible diffs 75w80, tranny, engine oil 0w20, transfer case and all synthetic amsoil best.
-e3 plugs gapped as large as possible
-all high output wires, cap, rotor and coil from accell 8.5 super conductor for best possible spark
-high flow pacesetter header back exhaust 2.5 inch no kinks or sharp bends, high flow magnaflow cat too.
-run acetone, xylene, and 2cycle oil in gas at each fill up
-run z max every 5,000 miles in all fluids.
-all new sensors map, tps, iat, iac, map, 02 sensor so they are all working best as possible.

Did i miss anything or can i do anything else i drive 90% city and 10% highway.

FastPlastic 09-08-2009 01:28 PM

I know you say you do 90% city, but I too do a lot of in town driving and have found aero mods make a difference. Coasting down a hill in my stock Jeep would barely pick up speed 1-3mph. Now the same hill I can pick up 6-8mph.

95CHERJUST 09-08-2009 04:17 PM

Hey Fastplastic

How did you do your clear plastic in your grill again???

Also what do you think will work better for me. I bought 8 inch wide rubber by like 80 inches long, i was going to attach it to the front air dam to block air from hitting lower front end and then attach metal from there back to the front axel so it blocks air to go under the jeep better.

do you have more photos of your mods? your front end is more aerodynamic then my 95xj, mine is more open and more boxed in area's.

also any other mods that helped your FE

FastPlastic 09-09-2009 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95CHERJUST (Post 126662)
Hey Fastplastic

How did you do your clear plastic in your grill again???

Also what do you think will work better for me. I bought 8 inch wide rubber by like 80 inches long, i was going to attach it to the front air dam to block air from hitting lower front end and then attach metal from there back to the front axel so it blocks air to go under the jeep better.

do you have more photos of your mods? your front end is more aerodynamic then my 95xj, mine is more open and more boxed in area's.

also any other mods that helped your FE

I cut the Plexi to fit snug inside the grill slots, then used 1/8" wide strips of double stick foam tape along the tiny lip to hold them in. The air pressure will push them against the grill, so the tape only needs to be strong enough to keep them from falling out when you go to stop. The only thing I don't like about the arrangement is as the weather changes I end up needing more tape. I've been tempted to get some rare earth magnets and glue them in, then maybe switch to galvanized steel for the blocks. That way you could just yank a few if it's starting to get too hot.

I wish I had more pictures, but I'm afraid what I've put up on my thread is about all I've got so far. If there is any angles you're interested in I can see about taking some more.

So far aero and the scan gauge are about the only major mods I've done to mine. These have such horrible aero dynamics (0.51cd if I remember right) just about anything you do to smooth out the air flow does wonders.