Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

WTB: Civic VX control box

Hi,

The engine in my CX went out recently and I am trying to change it into a VX. I'll get more power and use less fuel! Yes, people say the VX is lacking in power but Honda made a weaker model during those years.

Anyways, like most people doing this mod I am searching for the notorious control box with the EGR control solenoid and CVC valve in it. I can get the CVC valve and the cover from Honda but they have discontinued the control solenoid and the stay that holds it all onto the firewall. I can get a control solenoid from AutoZone but they want quite a bit for it. I could fabricate a bracket to hold it all. But I would like to have a real thing if I can find it.

Does anybody have any serious exact ideas of where to get a control box or is anybody out there got one to sell? Please let me know, thanks

Nathan

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
I may have one in a little while after I swap out my VX engine. Not sure how time-pressing your need is.
The Following User Says Thank You to SVOboy For This Useful Post:
BNer (08-25-2009)
Old 08-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I have "heard" that a solenoid/controller from an OBD1 accord will work. I'll be trying it out soon with one I picked up on eBay.
The Following User Says Thank You to scho For This Useful Post:
BNer (08-25-2009)
Old 08-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the replies. I found a junkyard in TN through Hasport's website that claims to have the control box and I bought it. We'll see what condition it is in when I get it but at least I'll have the bracket.

I'll update this when I know if the the junk control box will work for me or not.

I would be interested in knowing if the Accord solenoid works or not - just in case.

My time line, by the way, is to have my Civic running by December (I don't have much time each week to work on it).

Thanks again ...
Old 08-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I just bought the Accord solenoid off of eBay yesterday, and it should be here at the end of the week or during the next. The swap is planned to happen in two weeks, so it'll take a little time, but it sounds like you have plenty of time before winter hits. I will most certainly post up my results if this hack works, because there are a lot more OBD1 accords out and about than there are VXs, as I'm sure anyone who has tried to source parts has determined.

Reply  Post New Thread