EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Anyone actually use bluetooth with their phone? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/anyone-actually-use-bluetooth-their-phone-23662.html)

ChuckDumper 10-12-2012 05:58 PM

Anyone actually use bluetooth with their phone?

So my son decided to give me his over used iPhone. Took me a week or two to figure out how exactly it all works, but its pretty great. I gave up my old samsung flip phone for it, but the headset i use while on the road does not work. In my search for a new headset my son mentioned bluetooth....so im here asking. Ive seen a few of you out there with these things in your ears...are they worth it? Do they work good? easy to use? I noticed they have speaker phones as well, i have been eyeing this Jabra Cruiser speakerphone , just wanted some advice before i bought something i know nearly nothing about!

Gealii 10-12-2012 07:05 PM

i use my bluetooth in my car. i bought a radio that had bluetooth calling on it and the way i have it set up as soon as i turn my car on my phone connects to it. when someone calls me all the music stops playing and starts ringing like a phone until you either pick it up or ignore it and there is a button on the radio to do this. when it comes to talking and listening their voice is played through the car speakers and there is a mic that attaches to the radio. I rarely use it, but when i do i think its something else.

On top of it being an iphone you could get it setup to be your gas mileage device replacement for scangauge ultragauge or any other obd2 device

ethan 10-18-2012 11:10 PM

I use bluetooth headset in my Sony Ericson phone and it's great.

redpoint5 10-18-2012 11:34 PM

I bought the '06 TSX specifically because that was the first year that included BT.

I'll use a BT earpiece when having a longer conversation at home while I work on other projects. They are free or just a couple of bucks on slickdeals.net fairly regularly. I wouldn't pay more than $5 for one.

Arragonis 10-19-2012 02:43 PM

I have it and I use it but IMHO Bluetooth is the design of the devil, in partnership with Complete Pish inc.

You have a phone.

You have an in car, hands free kit.

They talk to each other 364/365 days.

On that extra "special" day they all decide not to talk.

But there is no feedback as to why.

So you restart your phone - because it is a computer and "turn it off and on again" is a universal fix.

Nope.

You power off and on the device.

Nope.

You repeat these somewhere between 1 and 9 times and magically it all starts to work again.

And you never know why.

Bluetooth - its the Hummer of technology.

Daox 10-19-2012 03:10 PM

I agree with Gealii. I also have Bluetooth through the radio in my car. I don't use it much, but it is very nice when I do use it.