Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Forum News & Feedback
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Engineering Department

Silver Civic - '99 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 37.61 mpg (US)
Water4Gas ads on Ecomodder

Found it a bit ironic that I am seeing ads for the Water4Gas scam on Ecomodder.

It is amazing that people actually fall into believing that they can increase their mileage using a mason jar and water. MacGyver couldn't even pull that off.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ecomodder.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1105  

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
You wouldn't believe how hard it is to block those. They spam from so many domains it's impossible to get rid of them all, even though we try,
Old 07-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yep, its too bad you can't filter by content for Google ads.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Mullet Send a message via MSN to Johnny Mullet
I use FireFox web browser and use the AdBlock Plus add-on, so I see no ads whatsoever on any website.

Noobs

GeoMetroforum.com - got mpg?
Old 05-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Why do think water4gas is a scam? It is NOT saying that your car can run on water, but it is based on pure science which says: Use electricity to split water (H2O) into it's separate components (two Hydrogens and one Oxygen), and the Hydrogen will cause your gas to burn more efficiently... It creates HHO (or Brown's Gas). Do a Google search for these terms and see.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Whenever the devices are tested in a scientific manner, they do not improve gas mileage. An excerpt from Popular Mechanics:

Quote:
But guess what? My fuel economy is exactly the same, whether the HHO generator is turned on or not. And that's exactly what I expected. This isn't anecdotal evidence from several tankfuls of gasoline. It's steady-state, flat-road testing, and I don't even pretend to have actual economy numbers. I'm using fuel-injector pulse widths directly from the OBD II port. That means I'm measuring the actual time the injectors are open and delivering fuel. When the HHO generator is toggled on, there's no change. And when it's turned back off, there's no change. Well, the computer's system voltage sags a couple of tenths of a volt, indicating the current drain to run the electrolyzer.
From Popular Mechanics HHO Test

The laws of physics don't change because you give someone money. You cannot generate enough hydrogen with the small amount of electricity used to produce the tiny amount of hydrogen gas. However, what you can do is install the Scan Guage some of these scams give you and you will indeed improve your gas mileage ... because of the SG's feedback on your mileage second by second. You'll start coasting to stops, avoiding sudden acceleration, etc. without even realizing it.

Reply  Post New Thread