EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Aquila EV on Craigslist (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/aquila-ev-craigslist-8210.html)

Christopher Jordan 05-03-2009 10:07 PM

Aquila EV on Craigslist

1 Attachment(s)
My S & L will no longer loan for a car older than 2005, but I thought someone might be interested. Needs about 15 6-volt batteries according to the ad (SF Bay). It is white, but may as well be gold plated- too rich for my blood!

Vwbeamer 05-03-2009 10:12 PM

Thanks for the link!

Christopher Jordan 05-04-2009 12:44 PM

I have a funny Craigslist addiction! I found my City-el there, went through the bank- bought it, and after I had it found all sorts of details- # of them remaining, rarity, sold between Denmark to Germany, still being made but not available easily in the US.... made me into an accidental library! :D

Not your usual GEM, Xebra, et-c.-and that catches my attention!

Electric Frenzy 05-04-2009 07:26 PM

I'm trying to find this but not sure which city to look under. Help?

NachtRitter 05-04-2009 09:42 PM

Check out SearchTempest.com... You can pick a zip from the bay area and do a search of surrounding CraigsLists...

Christopher Jordan 05-04-2009 10:52 PM

Turning over pretty quick at Craigslist (8 pages); but found it-
Aquila Electric vehicle
2 photos, description of using 36 volts moving it/current license.

Christopher Jordan 05-04-2009 11:00 PM

[oh] Petaluma - it was built in Cupertino for a VW frame about 1989 I think.

Electric Frenzy 05-04-2009 11:46 PM

didn't look as hot as another one I found. I saw a vw conversion that looked like a GT40 for $10k.

chasgould 07-17-2010 03:04 PM

Any chance that you might consider selling that City-El. I have been looking for one to add to my collection. If so, please respond to me directly at chasgould at mac dot com
Thanks,
Chas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher Jordan (Post 102203)
I have a funny Craigslist addiction! I found my City-el there, went through the bank- bought it, and after I had it found all sorts of details- # of them remaining, rarity, sold between Denmark to Germany, still being made but not available easily in the US.... made me into an accidental library! :D

Not your usual GEM, Xebra, et-c.-and that catches my attention!

Christopher Jordan 07-17-2010 07:12 PM

My City-El was sold a few months ago (Feb. or Mar.). Many electrical problems, but those worked out (hot-wiring, charging with an external charger). No mechanical problems for me, but within 2 weeks it snapped the main drive belt- serpentine and not original- so the new buyer tracked down the owner I bought it from. Perfect vehicle but Santa Cruz is very backwards about EVs. I moved the same month an no outlets are available on every new building I saw. No more EVs for me!