EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Aveo from Ottawa, Canada (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/aveo-ottawa-canada-3868.html)

kill-9 07-17-2008 11:50 AM

Aveo from Ottawa, Canada

Hey all. Nice to be a part of this forum.

I've come here to learn a few techniques about hypermiling. I'm not one to obsess over it, but as a computer guy (and an overclocker) I like to get the best out of the things I own without putting too much time or money into it.

My car is already decent on gas for city driving, heck its way better than the Escapse that my sister and Dad drive ;). Hell's Fury (yes thats her name) gets about 10-12L/100KM (about what the factory specs). But I'd like more, and I am sure this place will help.

Here's hoping! :thumbup: :turtle:

MetroMPG 07-17-2008 02:00 PM

Welcome to the site.

Someone from Ottawa.... you're the closest member to me (I'm down the 416 on the St Lawrence River).

As a computer guy, your first step should be to get instrumentation. Either make yourself an MPGuino or buy a ScanGauge. Once you've got the game gauge on board, you'll start having fun and seeing some improvement.

Just curious - how'd you find the forum?

kill-9 07-17-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 44962)
Welcome to the site.

Someone from Ottawa.... you're the closest member to me (I'm down the 416 on the St Lawrence River).

As a computer guy, your first step should be to get instrumentation. Either make yourself an MPGuino or buy a ScanGauge. Once you've got the game gauge on board, you'll start having fun and seeing some improvement.

Just curious - how'd you find the forum?

I could but thats the time and money I'm not sure I want to spend. Plus I don't know alot about cars.

MetroMPG 07-17-2008 04:04 PM

What's that saying... sometimes you've got to spend money to make money. :)

Seriously: a ScanGauge will pay for itself many times over if you're motivated to refine your techniques. And you could easily re-sell it after a couple of months and probably get most of your money back.

Of course you don't need one to improve your skills, but the value of instant feedback can't be understated.

EDIT: if you do get one, don't use the group buy. Someone posted a link for Canadian orders in the Instrumentation forum.

kill-9 07-17-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 45008)
What's that saying... sometimes you've got to spend money to make money. :)

Seriously: a ScanGauge will pay for itself many times over if you're motivated to refine your techniques. And you could easily re-sell it after a couple of months and probably get most of your money back.

Of course you don't need one to improve your skills, but the value of instant feedback can't be understated.

EDIT: if you do get one, don't use the group buy. Someone posted a link for Canadian orders in the Instrumentation forum.

Oh I know i'd probably like it, but installing it requires some skill does it not? Besides, I'm not here to save money, I'm here to get the most out of my aveo with the least investment. Like those old sprint commercials...

MetroMPG 07-17-2008 10:49 PM

No skill needed to install (that's the MPGuino). The SG just plugs into the OBD2 port under your dashboard. It's literally plug 'n' play.

kill-9 07-18-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 45140)
No skill needed to install (that's the MPGuino). The SG just plugs into the OBD2 port under your dashboard. It's literally plug 'n' play.

Where could I found out where that port would be? and how much is this thing?

SVOboy 07-18-2008 11:24 AM

Welcome to ecomodder! There is a forum group buy in the SGII for some obscene price for canadians, but someone just found a place seeling them for 175 shipped to canada.