EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycles / Scooters (https://ecomodder.com/forum/motorcycles-scooters.html)
-   -   Baby Ninja (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/baby-ninja-15552.html)

greenjoe 12-22-2010 10:48 PM

Baby Ninja

I'm wanting to show progress on a 125cc / 250 Ninja project, but new to forums and can't figure out how to load pictures or tag to motorcycle section... any help?

Weather Spotter 12-22-2010 11:50 PM

Welcome!

You can not post pictures or links until you have 10 posts - it cuts down on spam.

Once you have 10 posts you can attach the picts or use a photo site and embed the img code link.

bdesj 12-23-2010 03:59 AM

Unless that 10 posts rule is very new, you can post pics already- I posted one here on my first post. I know that some forums have similar rules, so I wasn`t sure, but it did go.

There are two ways that I know of, Greenjoe. I`m not much of a computer guy myself, so I probably have some terminology wrong, but here goes...

First is to upload images directly to this site:
When you post your thread, you`ll see a little paperclip- looking symbol above the space for typing your message. Click that and a new (small) window will appear on your screen with several boxes that say "Browse". Click on the first "Browse" button and you get redirected to your home computer. Then, click yourself into your images library, find the picture that you want, and click to select. After selecting all the images you want to post (one at a time), click "upload" in that little box with all your selected images- from that point, you can close out the little box and you should see a list of attachments on the screen below the message box, or you can click "preview post" to make sure they loaded. Note that there`s a size limit for images. I`m not sure what it is, but if your pictures are too big they won`t be accepted and the error code might say something wierd that doesn`t sound like "pictures too big". You might need to resize your pics by whatever way is necessary for your specific computer.

Second way is to use a picture already on another website (you can put your own pictures up on Flickr, Photobucket, etc, or use pics scrounged elsewhere on the net). To do it that way, leave one window open to your new post and open another window with the page with the picture(s) you want to post. With a Windows computer, right click on the picture and then click where it says "properties". Highlight the URL code and click to copy it, then go back to your post. With an Apple, right click the picture, then select "copy URL" and return to your post. This method will put images wherever in the message your cursor happens to be, be sure it isn`t flashing in the middle of a sentance. Directly above the message box is a little yellow symbol that looks like a post card with a mountain. Click that post card and a small box opens that says "enter URL". Paste it there and click Okay. Done.

It does sound kind of complicated and intimidating, but you should be able to figure it out. If you can`t get it on your own, draft a rugrat to help you out the first time- it isn`t hard once you see it done. Looking forward to seeing your pixels!

euromodder 12-23-2010 07:41 AM

ecomodder allows you to put together albums with images (see user control panel)
I'd think these work right away, without the 10-post requirement ?

kawboyCAFE 12-25-2010 04:25 AM

welcome abourd fellow ninja 250 rider.