EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   Bacon sale. Purchasing Prius? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/bacon-sale-purchasing-prius-28184.html)

Xist 02-11-2014 12:14 PM

Bacon sale. Purchasing Prius?

My girlfriend mentioned that she was not comfortable driving in a car as large as mine. I looked for Civic sedans, but found this:

2002 Toyota Prius Hybrid

Quote:

2002 Toyota Prius Hybrid
Automatico
1.5 4 cilindros
136 mil millas actuales
Titulo Limpio
Emision para 2 anos
Corre bien y funciona todo sin fallas
Acabo de pasar emision
Esta en buenas condiciones
Si le interesa llame al 602-710-3804
2002 Toyota Prius Hybrid

I am curious about the ad being in Spanish, but it looks like a dealer. I speak Spanish fluently, although I am not sure that I would want to purchase a car using my second language. However, my girlfriend's grandfather likes me and is a native Spanish speaker.

It would be exciting if I searched long and hard for my HX and then had my girlfriend getting better mileage in an automatic that I found easily.

Bacon has 114,000 miles or so and is in great shape. I need to have something in the steering fixed, but that had better be covered by my service plan. The only real modification is the Ultragauge. I removed the fog lights and crossmembers of the roof rack, I just felt that I would have a better return on investment on a more economical car.

Fantastic. KBB puts it at $2,025. I will try to sell it for more on Craigslist.

Hmm... KBB puts the Prius at $4,600 and the listing shows the exact same mileage as KBB expected.

Spidey sense tingling...

Daox 02-11-2014 12:22 PM

Seems like a fair price to me. 1st gen Prius' are fairly inexpensive when I see them on CL here. Its worth looking at IMO.

Xist 02-12-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 410743)
Seems like a fair price to me. 1st gen Prius' are fairly inexpensive when I see them on CL here. Its worth looking at IMO.

I have seen a saying on the Internet, it shows a triangle of beautiful, intelligent, and sane, referring to women, and says "Pick two." Someone commented "You said I could have two!"

Previously, when I saw Priiiiiiii on Craigslist, they usually had two of the following: Bad batteries, bad transmissions, salvage titles, or extremely high mileage (two to four hundred thousand miles).

They usually asked around three thousand.

I found a high-mileage Civic $1,200. I guess that it was priced to move.

How much of an improvement would a DX or LX see with a VX transmission? I am just curious, I probably wouldn't do that unless I needed to replace it anyway.

I still have not heard back from my girlfriend about seeing the Prius with her grandfather.

RedDevil 02-12-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 410828)
Previously, when I saw Priiiiiiii on Craigslist, they usually had two of the following: Bad batteries, bad transmissions, salvage titles, or extremely high mileage (two to four hundred thousand miles).

Ah, you already know how to investigate on them; with Priiiing I's... :D

cowmeat 02-12-2014 12:33 PM

If the ad was in Spanish, just assume that half the car has been re-wired with speaker wire. I don't even bother look at the rest of a Craigslist ad if it says "se habla espanol". Then again, it's probably been driven about twenty miles an hour it's whole life . . .

Xist 02-12-2014 05:29 PM

Please disregard

I almost had enough money to purchase my Civic, but I was a little short, so I cashed my student loan check. Since I never sold the Forester, I would have needed to use my spring student loan in order to purchase a third car, although I definitely would have sold the Subaru.

When I saw the Insight that I mention below, I opened the envelope because I did not think that I would have enough, even though purchasing an Insight does not make sense for me.

For some reason, they only lent me $627.

Well, that limits my options.

I think that I will get back to my get-rich-never scheme, which will hopefully lead to a job.

[school]

The Prius was sold, although the ad lives on.

The other Prii on Craigslist are:

2,002 with 119,000 miles for $5,200
2,003 with 144,000 miles for $4,995
2,004 with 85,000 miles for $10,000
2,005 with 129,000 miles for $7,500

vskid3 02-12-2014 08:09 PM

I'm lost, why aren't you selling the Forester? Why are you buying a car for your girlfriend to use?

Xist 02-13-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vskid3 (Post 410900)
I'm lost, why aren't you selling the Forester? Why are you buying a car for your girlfriend to use?

Well, I thought that I could, but now I would need to sell the Forester first, and we do not want to deal with that. My girlfriend has been driving the Subaru since soon after we started dating and she recently told me that she did not feel comfortable with how large it was. It seemed like a good reason to replace Bacon (again) and then it would cost her less to come and see me, which accounts for most of her mileage.

Right after I met her, I bought my Civic, and planned on selling the Forester, but I lent her the car so that I can stay at home and do my schoolwork. I cashed a student loan check to purchase Chorizo and planned on doing the same in order to purchase another car, but the check was only $627.

RedDevil 02-13-2014 04:03 PM

I think you really should sell Bacon. Just sayin.

Quote:

The art market entered uncharted territory tonight at Christie’s Rockefeller Center headquarters, where auctioneer Jussi Pylkkänen sold Francis Bacon’s 1969 triptych Three Studies of Lucian Freud for $142.4 million, an all-time record for a work of art at auction, easily beating the $119.9 million paid for a pastel of Edvard Munch’s The Scream at Sotheby’s New York in May 2012. (Accounting for inflation, you can argue that figure, but in raw dollars, Bacon’s now the record holder.)