EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Been gone a while... (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/been-gone-while-38103.html)

19bonestock88 01-16-2020 04:26 AM

Been gone a while...

3 Attachment(s)
So I’ve not forgotten about you guys, just been dealing with some stuff. My Saturn is still kicking around, though I just retired it from commercial use. Despite my really bad credit I managed to buy another Uber vehicle, and though it’s not what I had wanted originally, I didn’t totally sell out (at least it’s manual).

Being that I am now free to mod the Saturn in any way I choose, I might get started on it (albeit in a low cost manner being that I now have a payment)

Anyway, I got my first ever brand new car (it had 22 miles when I signed), in the form of a 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I got the base model, no AWD, has the smaller (4B11) engine and a manual gearbox. It’s just my work car, so no extreme mods but I do plan to do some light aero work and probably either get another UltraGauge to run in it, or run Torque on an older android phone I found lying around. So far, in mixed driving, no special work and no commercial work yet, and only using the FCD bar graph I appear to be in the realm of 30mpg. Not bad for a small crossover? The engine still needs broken in and I need to learn what the thing likes.

Any questions, comments, ideas?

MeteorGray 01-16-2020 10:22 AM

Congratulations on your new ride! Don't you just love the new aromas.

19bonestock88 01-16-2020 05:21 PM

I do like new car smell, and new car features lol. New car cost? Not so much

me and my metro 01-16-2020 11:23 PM

Congratulations! Now you can get back to work. I know that was very troubling for you.

19bonestock88 01-17-2020 02:47 AM

This car seems to work better than my Saturn tbh. I’m averaging a solid 25mpg in commercial use and I averaged 30 in personal use with no hypermiling and an engine that’s far from broken in. I’m excited for some reason

oil pan 4 01-17-2020 02:48 AM

Yes do aero mods.
Unless you are delivering mail locally.

19bonestock88 01-17-2020 02:53 AM

As soon as I feel comfortable in modding the car at all I’ll work on stuff. I heard about maybe using suspension stuff from a Lancer for a massive drop (4+”), but the underside of this thing is really bad, aerodynamically speaking. No spats, diverters, anything. Just a front skid plate to make the thing look (SUV-ish)

oil pan 4 01-17-2020 03:11 AM

An air dam is the easy fix for horrible under body aero dynamics.

19bonestock88 01-18-2020 05:05 AM

I might do an air dam if I can find a clever attachment method that doesn’t damage the existing bodywork. Unlike with the Saturn I am concerned with trade in value on this

19bonestock88 01-19-2020 09:42 PM

... aaaaaand I got in my first ever accident with my new car. Was coming through an intersection (on a Yellow) and got hit... probably a bent control arm and nothing else, no noticeable body damage