EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Birmingham, AL (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/birmingham-al-17018.html)

dumijah 04-25-2011 10:47 AM

Birmingham, AL

Hello all,

Found this forum after seeing several ecomodder signatures on posts in other forums. Happy I found it! Have been reading and searching through everything for about a week now, and I'll be doing my first round of testing/modifications this week before a trip this weekend.

My wife drives a 2000 Dodge Caravan, and I'm currently driving a 1997 Honda Civic but bought a '97 Geo Metro sedan several weeks back and will be swapping to it as soon as I get the engine back into it, hopefully this week as well!

Wanted to say hello. Thanks everyone!
Peace, Tyler

SentraSE-R 04-25-2011 01:09 PM

Welcome, Tyler.

My daughter lived in the Montgomery area & owns a Grand Caravan. The Geo Metro is a good mpg car. Which engine and transmission do you have?

dumijah 04-25-2011 04:54 PM

Thanks for the welcome:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SentraSE-R (Post 233910)
Which engine and transmission do you have?

It's the 4 cylinder, 1.3L engine, and it's an automatic. All of the 1L manuals that I've come across have slipped through my fingers, but this one fell in front of me for next to nothing.. Couldn't pass it up, even though it's not exactly what I was looking for in a Metro. It will probably work out better in the long run though. I deliver newspapers every morning, and the little extra power from the 1.3L will handle the extra weight better, I think. Also, an automatic will free me up to multi-task while I'm driving more than the manual Civic that I'm driving now allows..:thumbup:

SentraSE-R 04-25-2011 07:14 PM

It'll be interesting to see how the AT Geo does compared to your MT Civic. I've been extremely disappointed by AT mpg performance, so I hope your experience is better.

blade 04-25-2011 07:57 PM

welcome to em

dumijah 04-26-2011 10:38 AM

thanks blade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SentraSE-R (Post 234011)
It'll be interesting to see how the AT Geo does compared to your MT Civic. I've been extremely disappointed by AT mpg performance, so I hope your experience is better.

yes, i'm curious how the two will compare as well. i've put roughly 6K miles on the civic and have averaged 32mpg, which is right above EPA combined rating, and i drive about 60/40 city/highway. the AT metro is rated 28mpg combined, so we'll see how it goes. if i can even keep it close to the civic, it'll be well worth it, as the AT is going to allow me to shave off an hour or more of "prep time". i can easily bag papers while driving AT vehicle, but i made too many mistakes when trying to do it with MT.. (putting papers together, bagging them, throwing them, flipping pages on route list, actually driving, plus shifting constantly is alot to keep up with all at once!:eek::))

MadisonMPG 04-26-2011 10:54 AM

Welcome!