EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Bump for Tesla in Massachusetts today. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/bump-tesla-massachusetts-today-29994.html)

Fat Charlie 09-15-2014 01:32 PM

Bump for Tesla in Massachusetts today.

SJC rules for Tesla in fight with car dealers

It turns out the law preventing automakers from bypassing franchise holders and selling directly to customers only applies to automakers that actually have franchise holders. If you hold another automaker's franchise, you have no legal standing with Tesla because they're not bypassing you.

sendler 09-16-2014 05:58 AM

The established auto dealers in NY still managed to ban the sale of Tesla's. Sooner or later that has to get thrown out. I can't believe it was legally upheld in the first place.

rmay635703 09-16-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sendler (Post 445640)
The established auto dealers in NY still managed to ban the sale of Tesla's. Sooner or later that has to get thrown out. I can't believe it was legally upheld in the first place.

This should be no surprize to you, while living in a country where a governor has hundreds of pages of fraud proof positive of racketeering but a judge decides we shouldn't look at that info and instead destroy it.

Autos are the most politically aligned industry in the nation, the laws, the safety devices and the sales models all represent lots of taxes, payoffs, lobbys and anti-market protectionist legislation.

We do not get new or advanced cars because no one in the know really wants anything disruptive either locally or at higher levels as someone might get left out of the remaining money machine.

The fact that tesla has been allowed to proceed as far as it has without being fully vested in the game is amazing.

Fat Charlie 09-17-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmay635703 (Post 445674)
Autos are the most politically aligned industry in the nation, the laws, the safety devices and the sales models all represent lots of taxes, payoffs, lobbys and anti-market protectionist legislation.

I'm sorry, I thought that was Big Ag. I can't count one market force that wanted corn in our gas tanks.

rmay635703 10-06-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Charlie (Post 445885)
I'm sorry, I thought that was Big Ag. I can't count one market force that wanted corn in our gas tanks.

Yeah big ag is worse, we at least don't have to consume our cars. (and I wasn't thinking of consumables, I was thinking of places that make products we don't eat or ingest, big ag and big drug are the same players in many circumstances and both suck)

Trouble with big ag is that there are many little players but only a couple pairs that really tell all the little guys what to do.

Hmm

So what do we have

1. Ag / Drug
2. Medical
3. Financial
4. Auto
5. Energy

not in that order and they do all suck, good reason to eliminate lobbies.

(and they all seem to relate to one another in sad and depressing ways)

redpoint5 10-06-2014 12:37 PM

Implement a Federal sales tax, eliminate the income tax, and allow zero deductions. To appease "progressives" don't tax staple food items, or the first $300/mo in rent. This eliminates political donations (lobbyists) from being tax free. Companies would still lobby, but it's going to cost them.

Good to hear some common sense coming about from the litigation. People have the right to sell the products they make. Anyone that disagrees is either insane or corrupt.