EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   Bumper sticker ideas (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/bumper-sticker-ideas-11696.html)

Chalupa102 01-04-2010 11:42 PM

Bumper sticker ideas

I've decided that i'm gonna make a bumper sticker for my car. I'm planning to use either this template: MAKESTICKERS.COM - Customize Your Design, or this one: MAKESTICKERS.COM - Customize Your Design. These are the ones i've came up with; which one would be a good one to use?

DRIVING SLOW TO SAVE GAS.
IF I'M TOO SLOW FOR YOU,
PLEASE PASS

DRIVING SLOW TO SAVE GAS...FEEL FREE TO PASS

FEEL FREE TO PASS…I’M SAVING GAS

mcrews 01-05-2010 12:15 AM

one more thought

the third is the nicest and most polite.....

but hey, you can still rub it in their face.....

FEEL FREE TO PASS.....I'M SAVING GAS!:thumbup: ______MPG

then get a erasable marker and write in you mpg each week.

The implied message is ....I'm working at it ....and...sometimes I get better thats why I write it in!!!!
If I had seen your sticker 3 months ago, I would have flipped you off:eek: But if I saw the mpg #.........I would have had grudging respect and waved. since the # is pretty impressive you might win followers!

Silveredwings 01-05-2010 02:29 AM

I could've sworn one of the choices said "Driving slow to pass gas."

cfg83 01-05-2010 03:45 AM

Chalupa102 -

I voted #3. Polite and fewer words make for easier reading. I like the arrow template, and I also like the digital template, and the man holding money in the "Text with Cartoons" section, and the gas pump in the "Environmental Issues" section. What would be realllllly cool is if they offered reflective font lettering.

CarloSW2

Bicycle Bob 01-05-2010 11:39 AM

If you can read this, we are both saving gas.

Cd 01-05-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 152065)
one more thought

The implied message is ....I'm working at it ....and...sometimes I get better thats why I write it in!!!!
If I had seen your sticker 3 months ago, I would have flipped you off:eek: But if I saw the mpg #.........I would have had grudging respect and waved. since the # is pretty impressive you might win followers!

I totally agree. :thumbup:

luvit 01-05-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicycle Bob (Post 152136)
If you can read this, we are both saving gas.

http://forums.filefront.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

Chalupa102 01-06-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 152065)
one more thought

I really like that idea. The only thing is, is there such thing as an erasable marker that's waterproof? It would look silly if i had just rained and there was streaks from the marker that ran down cuz it got wet.

Bicycle Bob 01-06-2010 05:04 PM

You can cover dry-erase marker with clear packing tape, or just use bits of white tape for replaceable numbers. Regular marker can often be removed with solvent.

luvit 01-06-2010 05:45 PM

cut the numbers out with electrical tape. then peel them off and add new. that would take no more time than other solutions.

the numbers don't need to be perfect numeric shapes. they just need to be legible.