EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Calling all Smegheads (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/calling-all-smegheads-32288.html)

timgo 07-03-2015 12:41 PM

Calling all Smegheads

Came across an excellent EV YouTube show hosted by Robert Llewellyn, of Red Dwarf fame.

www.youtube.com/user/fullychargedshow/featured

The Other Andy 08-01-2015 06:56 PM

Cool! Didn't recognize him without the "H" on his head.

Williamjamesw 08-01-2015 10:16 PM

Llewellin played Kryten ; the android, not Rimmer ;the hologram.

redpoint5 08-02-2015 04:35 PM

I was content just owning a plug in Prius until I saw that video. Apparently I don't have more than 3 brain cells of reason.

The Other Andy 08-04-2015 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Williamjamesw (Post 488667)
Llewellin played Kryten ; the android, not Rimmer ;the hologram.

Well then poo. I guess that's ten points off my geek card.

redpoint5 08-04-2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Other Andy (Post 488874)
Well then poo. I guess that's ten points off my geek card.

I don't even know what you're talking about, and I'm not taking any points off my geek card.

The Other Andy 08-05-2015 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpoint5 (Post 488938)
I don't even know what you're talking about, and I'm not taking any points off my geek card.

Red Dwarf was a show about a lazy slob who joined a space corps in the far future, then got put in stasis as a punishment for bringing a cat on board. When he came out of stasis, he found out that an accident had killed the crew, it was a couple million years after he had been put in stasis, the cat had been pregnant and her offspring eventually evolved into a human-like society, and the senile computer made a hologram of the roommate he hated to keep him company.

It was funny the first couple of seasons, but it got tired really fast. It started in the 80's, and last I heard they're producing yet another season.

Astro 02-12-2016 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Other Andy (Post 489099)
...It was funny the first couple of seasons, but it got tired really fast. It started in the 80's, and last I heard they're producing yet another season.

It was hilarious up until the writers parted company and Rob Llewellyn stepped in to do some of the writing. The jokes went from sophisticated to lame. The only bits that were funny were the jokes they ripped off from earlier seasons.
Also co-incidentally, just as Rob got involved in the writing Rob's character (Kryten) went from being the comedy straight man with only occasional lines to a very unfunny main character with the bulk of the lines.

MPaulHolmes 02-12-2016 12:04 PM

The only lifeforms on this planet are single celled organisms. Relationships will be difficult, but not impossible.

Astro 02-12-2016 10:44 PM

My arm, my arm, you lost my smegging arm!

I think i lost your watch too.

MPaulHolmes 02-12-2016 11:10 PM

Because the king of the potato people won't let me... hahaha