Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Thirty-second cell phone charger

Okay, I am going to try to edit out my ranting: Yesterday, someone told me about a ten-minute cell charger and I went to look it up on my phone. He was wrong, it only required half a minute!

18-Year-Old Invents 30-Second Phone Charger | TIME.com

I do not believe these tech writers understand technology. It sounds like she designed something along these lines: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ery-27994.html

She did not create a cell phone charger, she designed a replacement for a cell phone battery. If it lasts as long, but charges faster, that sounds like a good deal.

She won one of the two Intel Young Scientist Awards and will allegedly use her $50,000 prize toward her education at Harvard. She plans on achieving global arson.

“My cellphone battery always dies” Khare told NBC News.

The first-place prize went to Ionut Budisteanu of Romania, who won $75,000 for a low-cost autonomous vehicle control system.

For the record, states "Eesha is the developer of a supercapacitor energy storage device, a carbon fiber with different metal oxides—primarily titanium dioxide and polyaniline—that uses nanotechnology to maximize the device’s surface area." Eesha Khare: Inventing the One-Minute Mobile Phone Charger

In other news, Israeli start-up StoreDot displayed a device at Microsoft's Think Next Conference, and charged a Samsung S4 smartphone from a dead battery to full power in 26 seconds. "The bio-organic battery utilises tiny self-assembling nano-crystals that were first identified in research being done into Alzheimer's disease at Tel Aviv University 10 years ago.

The nano-dots are described by StoreDot as "stable, robust spheres" that are 2.1 nanometers in diameter and made up of peptide molecules." BBC News - Battery offers 30-second phone charging

I thought that I posted something about designing flip-flops to power cell phones as you walk, but commented that people who wear flip-flops probably do not walk very far (if they are worried about keeping smart phones charged), but I read an article the other day about a prototype boot liner that could charge a phone in fifteen miles, which they expect to improve.

Last edited by Xist; 11-14-2014 at 02:13 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

One of the hickups of charging a cell phone is the phone uses a lot of power when in operation. When its in an area with weak signal or none for wifi, g, blu, etc its sucks even more power. At work we practice turning off the phone to charge it as we cant get a signal 3 stories underground anyways.

Plan B if you want to play mp3? Use airplane mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobb For This Useful Post:
Xist (11-02-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 02:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I cut out [much of] my ranting from the first post, although it is still longer than I expected.

Reply  Post New Thread