EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Car without rear shocks (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/car-without-rear-shocks-30462.html)

Xist 11-10-2014 02:09 PM

Car without rear shocks

A friend linked this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mr-UgWr8-s

rmay635703 11-10-2014 07:25 PM

Most of my older cars have no shocks and they don't do that. Erm at least they don't have ones that work.

P-hack 11-10-2014 07:29 PM

That is awesome. He was pulsing the brakes hard at the cars harmonic frequency, give that a try rmay :)

Baltothewolf 11-10-2014 07:35 PM

Lol!!!!!

rmay635703 11-10-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-hack (Post 454602)
That is awesome. He was pulsing the brakes hard at the cars harmonic frequency, give that a try rmay :)

I rather not my battery boxes would get dented up pretty bad.

Cobb 11-10-2014 10:13 PM

and thats why you need shocks. You can get a similar effect with blown shocks.

Xist 11-10-2014 10:51 PM

The same friend linked me this a little while later, it just took a while to find a version that I could embed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayy8Fs4pw6I

The comments were out of control. It was an interesting video, something that I plan on trying very soon, and enough for me to mention it to others, but people acted extremely agitated about this, or to others' responses, with a level of rage that can only be achieved regarding unimportant objects posted on the Internet. Some were along the lines of:
http://sustainableman.org/wp-content...rIanMalcom.jpg

Please excuse me, that, like any meme, gets used too much.

People complained about how much water he wasted. He filled that small bucket and then continued spraying it for about the same length of time. Yes, he wasted water, although he also watered his lawn, and the shredded potato peel also fertilized his lawn. Like any time-saving suggestion, people kept saying to just do things the normal way. Just use a knife. They make peelers for that. Boil them and dunk them in cold water. While searching for this version of the video, I found many videos about the correct way to do any of the above. One video claimed to show you how to peel a potato in ten seconds, but the video was almost a minute long, and they obviously used time-lapse and skipped ahead.

jamesqf 11-10-2014 11:36 PM

^ I think first someone should explain why you'd peel a potato in the first place. The skin's far & away the best part.

user removed 11-10-2014 11:39 PM

As long as I'm not eating dirt, I love the skin. You can have the rest.

regards
mech

MetroMPG 11-11-2014 10:07 AM

Re: the shocks. That's NOT what I was expecting to see. Not sure what I was expecting, but that wasn't it! :D

Cobb 11-11-2014 06:00 PM

Why would you remove the peels from the potatoes?!?!?!? :eek: Thats where all the nutrients are.

spacemanspif 11-11-2014 08:23 PM

I drove my dad's Dodge Dakota with no rear shocks installed because we were taking them back for warranty exchange and he thought it would be fun for a 16year old with a learner's permit to drive an unsafe vehicle lol. It was an experience to say the least but I will forever have an appreciation for the shock absorber, even blown ones that only sort-of work; because sort-of is better than completely not there.

That potato vid is something else, kudos for peeling all those potatoes so quickly; I'm sure the wife is happy she doesn't have to peel them all lol

Xist 11-12-2014 06:36 AM

I wanted to try the potato trick on Veteran's Day, actually comparing the different methods.

That would have been exciting.

However, by the time that my friend finally came over, we needed to go and find food. Throughout the day I looked into places honoring Veterans for Veterans' Day. Only having three hours of sleep appeared to affect me somehow... I knew that Great Clips was giving out free hair cuts, that is where I usually go. I looked forward to undoing my bad hair cut from last month.

Aside from that, I kept seeing this place offering a free appetizer and that place offering a free entrée. I figured that it would be like getting free samples from Costco, getting so many small portions of food that you feel like just purchasing an actual meal.

Then I saw that Golden Corral was offering free meals. I had not been there. My friend was already over, trying to push me out the door, while I wanted to plan. World Market and Sears both offered discounts. Well, so did Joann Fabrics, but so what? Sears exclusively had a discount on tools, but that only made it better! Some department stores had sales on clothing, with similar restrictions to restaurants, they limited the selection.

But, tools! Forty percent off, and additional ten percent off of their sale prices! What tools did I need? What tools didn't I need?! :)

I did once again think that spending money in advance of earning it was foolish, but tools! :)

When I told my friend about Golden Corral, she had enough, she refused to listen to anything else, insisting that we went there immediately.

Who cares about a free appetizer here or dessert there when you get all of the appetizers, entrées, and desserts at one place?!

The thing that I dislike about buffets is that in order to be profitable, they charge too much, and then I feel that I need to eat more. It turned out that their free meal was Monday the 17th, but many Veterans went not realizing that. I seemed to be the only one to read the big sign on the door. Many left when they realized. My friend was undeterred, even if it required paying for me. After overeating, I did not want anything to with consumerism, so I went home and went to bed. I could have picked up some cool things at Sears and World Market, but I will try to enjoy keeping money in my bank account. However, I could have looked for polyester taffeta at Joann.

I overheard one woman complain that "All of the world observes Veterans' Day today,"

I cannot imagine that the rest of the world cares much about holidays in the United States.

gone-ot 11-12-2014 08:33 PM

cynicism -- "...ain't nothing free but the angst of having been taken..."