EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Unicorn Corral (https://ecomodder.com/forum/unicorn-corral.html)
-   -   "...charges the air molecules as they rush past in your air intake..." (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/charges-air-molecules-they-rush-past-your-air-17684.html)

Arragonis 06-03-2011 09:52 AM

"...charges the air molecules as they rush past in your air intake..."

My air clusters need breaking down, oh yes they do....

Quote:

Ceramo Power is an air catalyst which energizes or;), using special alloys including titanium oxide and a NASA developed ceramic. The charging process breaks down the air clusters and increases the amount of negative ions in the air mix which increases the combustion rate of the air entering your motor. This increases the efficiency of your internal combustion resulting in a more complete burn of your fuel. The end result is greater economy, more power and, very importantly torque, and reduced emissions.

suspectnumber961 06-03-2011 10:30 AM

Some who sell fuel magnets also sell magnets for the air intake...though the polarity of the magnet is switched opposite.

UFO 06-03-2011 10:47 AM

Don't cross the streams. Very hazardous to run a fuel magnet and a polarized intake!

gone-ot 06-03-2011 11:08 AM

...is the salesman's name Dr. Peter Venkman, by any chance?

jamesqf 06-03-2011 11:39 AM

Hey, I just had a great idea! How about one of those for the nose? Breathe in air that has its clusters broken down and its negative ions energized, and you'll have more energy and be able to run & bike faster.

Ryland 06-03-2011 11:40 AM

It sounds kind of like an ozone generator, creating o3 instead of o2 in your intake and that could work as o3 is less stable and it wants to bond with compounds, but from what I've read it could cause the fuel to start to brake down before it even got to the combustion chamber.

DonR 06-03-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 242794)
It sounds kind of like an ozone generator, creating o3 instead of o2 in your intake and that could work as o3 is less stable and it wants to bond with compounds, but from what I've read it could cause the fuel to start to brake down before it even got to the combustion chamber.

But would work great for a diesel.

Since matter can neither be created or destroyed (at least outside of the corral), where do all the extra electrons come from?

I try to keep an open mind & closed wallet about the theory behind types of things. Does anyone a whole lot smarter than me know if using negatively charged air would increase the "combustion effiecency & % burn rate" of the fuel?

UFO 06-03-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonR (Post 242797)
I try to keep an open mind & closed wallet about the theory behind types of things. Does anyone a whole lot smarter than me know if using negatively charged air would increase the "combustion effiecency & % burn rate" of the fuel?

I won't make any relative intelligence judgments, but there is a good reason this "idea" is being mocked.

gone-ot 06-03-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFO (Post 242802)
I won't make any relative intelligence judgments, but there is a good reason this "idea" is being mocked.

...paraphrasing the phrase: "...stop and smell the roses..."

...here's the re-statement: "...stop and smell the Unicorn Meadow Muffins..."

Arragonis 06-03-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesqf (Post 242793)
Hey, I just had a great idea! How about one of those for the nose? Breathe in air that has its clusters broken down and its negative ions energized, and you'll have more energy and be able to run & bike faster.

I think the effect is intended to encourage flow, so unless you particularly like a long time on the throne then maybe not ?