EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Tech (https://ecomodder.com/forum/off-topic-tech.html)
-   -   Check transmission light (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/check-transmission-light-27439.html)

Xist 11-03-2013 06:10 PM

Check transmission light

More details to follow.

2000mc 11-03-2013 06:14 PM

it would be hard to give fewer details....

Phantom 11-04-2013 03:28 PM

Its the wheel speed sensor.

Xist 11-05-2013 11:47 AM

I had my girlfriend come over and I used the Ultragauge. It showed P300, P301, and P302 as pending, but I thought those were leftover from Bacon. It showed P1399 and that seems to go with the 300s, but I cannot find anything relevant to the check transmission light. Whenever I do a keyword search on any result that comes up, it does not find "transmission!"

So, going to try to study for my test...

Phantom 11-05-2013 12:42 PM

What type of car is it and what year?

Xist 11-06-2013 06:57 PM

This is Chorizo, my Civic. The light was blinking when I left drill Sunday afternoon and, not knowing where would be open, I decided to carefully drive home and stop at an auto parts store for some bad advice. When the light stayed on, even after rebooting the car, I pulled over, not realizing that the transmission fluid did not have a dipstick, but not knowing what else to check. It was only later that I realized that I should have checked my parking spot for leaks.

I was really trying to get back to studying, three days of drill and then two tests for which I simply did not have time to study. I hope that I did okay on them.

My girlfriend was over, so I pulled my Ultragauge from Bacon to see if I could get any useful information. It showed misfire codes, which I thought were from my Forester. I was just going to not drive until after my tests, and then straight to the nearest shop, but someone suggested resetting the codes, which I did, and then realized that the check transmission light was off, so I drove 25-30 miles and Chorizo drove fine, no lights, error codes, weird noises, or anything.

So glad that I was worried and distracted over nothing.

Strangely, my Civic HX showed the same highway mileage as my Forester.

That just is not right.

vskid3 11-07-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 398485)
Strangely, my Civic HX showed the same highway mileage as my Forester.

That just is not right.

Did you change the engine size on the Ultragauge and reset any adjustments you'd made to the mileage or odometer?

Gasoline Fumes 11-08-2013 10:39 AM

Check transmission light in a manual car? I'm guessing the light is for the CVT HX.

slownugly 12-01-2013 02:25 PM

Most likely ignition coil/distributer problem causing all 4 cylinders to miss intermittently. Check the plugs and see if what brand thy are and if they are worn.

slownugly 12-01-2013 02:28 PM

Was it rainy/damp when the light was flashing? The engine light flashes for a severe misfire.