Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
Exclamation Trying out an aftermarket Intake on a VX

So since I've seen dyno charts of the J's Racing Intake, I've always wondered what it would do for my MPG

Picture of the knock-off intake I bought ($65 as opposed to the $266 for the real deal made in carbon fiber):

And one of the dyno charts noting the increase of torque from 4000 RPM and below:
Quote:
the setup is a '00 JDM ITR wit a 1 piece head gasket, ARP headstuds, Buddy Club spec 4's,CTR N-1 Pulley, Portflow springs and retainers. The tranny is '00 Spoon ITR tranny with a 4.9 ATS final. Excedy thin sprung 6 puck and chromoly flywheel.
All tuned with a Hondata stage 2
The red line is the J's and the green line is the AEM
So far I've noticed a 1-2% reduction in the amount of throttle needed to accelerate and at cruising speed. I just filled up and will do a follow-up after the first tank and for a few tanks after.

It makes my VX sound totally different! It sounds like a fast car now. But I'll stifle my urge to accelerate excessively. Plus it looks like my car took some form of Male Enhancement, lol.
Comparison of the J's Style intake to the OEM VX (you can easily tell which is which)

and a pic of it installed in Thrifty McGassaver:

Feel free to comment, and voice your opinion, but remember, constructive input is best, and besides, this is just an experiment.

UPDATE: I switched back to the OEM Intake for one month a month ago. I have since put the J's racing style intake back on as there seems to be better driveablilty with the temps cooling down for winter.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread