Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2016, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Hybrid Corvair project

I searched EM and did not find this guy here, so I post to share with the community. He seems to be in Vermont. He has great body and mechanical skills, loves old rides, and seems savvy about the salvage industry and the auto/mechanics industry generally. In four vids he chronicles a remarkable series hybrid project start. Then the vids seem to just stop coming somewhere in 2014. Anyone know this project?

FYI, the first vid is just orientation to the Corvair, second is all test drive in it (stock), third is the discussion of the salvage EV he bought as a donor, fourth is a tour of good bodywork he was doing on a Jetta (?) and then a diesel engine he acquired.

He does get a little political about New World Order stuff in a few places... I stay away from politics in these forums and have no opinion to express on his opinions ... you can FF through those sections if you like...

james

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread