Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

My 2010 Aveo

So, I've had my aveo for about 8 months now. It's fully broken in and I've noticed that since then it's gotten better gas mileage.

I've done a copule of things to the car which have helped, but I was wondering about more.

1. I Inflated the tires to 41psi, which is a bit much, but the mileage increased drastically.

2. I heard something about how these cars like to run hot and get better mileage with heat. Can I install something to block of the air ducts in the front?

3. Anyone done any weight modifications on this car? Low weight rims, etc? Rims come cheap in 14" sizes.

4. Was thinking about giving this a tune update. Maybe the car runs a bit rich, i'm not sure. Wondering if HPtuners works with this car, could lean it out a bit.

Any other tips? My driving seems to be pretty good. Since I have a manual, I can vary my shift points better. I shift into 2nd at about 18km/hr, 3rd at about 26, 4th at about 39kms and 5th about 44kms.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
...do you have a ScanGaugeII (or something similar) to provide you with prompt, accurate, feedback about what's going on as you drive?

...LRR tires on lightweight rims would help economy, but probably not as noticably as much as you got inflating the OEM tires.

...tune-up probably wouldn't net you much, as OEM settings are pretty tight (for EPA compliance).
Old 11-19-2010, 11:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raver0789 View Post
So, I've had my aveo for about 8 months now. It's fully broken in and I've noticed that since then it's gotten better gas mileage.

I've done a copule of things to the car which have helped, but I was wondering about more.

1. I Inflated the tires to 41psi, which is a bit much, but the mileage increased drastically.

2. I heard something about how these cars like to run hot and get better mileage with heat. Can I install something to block of the air ducts in the front?
Hi and welcome. I too have an Aveo, but mine's an automatic.

Inflating the (crappy) tires to 40 PSI will help some, but it will give you a very hard ride.

If you want to see mods for grill block and belly pan, click here.
The grill block will help it heat up faster in winter. I leave the lower grill blocked off year round and only remove the upper block, and it seems to be OK.

Reply  Post New Thread