EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Coroplast election signs (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/coroplast-election-signs-5863.html)

Sean T. 11-04-2008 08:32 PM

Coroplast election signs

I know earlier in the year I said election signs were rare around here... but on my drive home today (vs. last week) the amount of signs has easily tripled.

There are lots of those crappy plastic bag material signs, but there are also quite a few coroplast signs (including one candidate with a particulalry looooooooong name, the signs look to be 5' wide) so naturally, I want some.

How do I go about doing this? Go grab them at night? Tomorrow morning? Is this even legal? to take the signs off of public property (edge of the road)...

bbjsw10 11-04-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean T. (Post 70893)
Is this even legal?

Wouldn't be if they don't see ya take them. I saw one down the street from me that is about 6' x 5' that bad boy is mine. :D

FunkSkunk 11-04-2008 09:52 PM

ah the looting is already starting and Obama hasn't even been declared yet! lol ;)

fanamingo 11-04-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean T. (Post 70893)
How do I go about doing this? Go grab them at night? Tomorrow morning? Is this even legal? to take the signs off of public property (edge of the road)...

In some areas, it's not legal to post them in the public right of way in the first place. I helped clean up a section of road near me tonight. It just took a flashlight and some wire cutters to cut the cable ties holding the signs in place. I netted four 4' x 8' signs. They're heavier than they look after carrying them a mile and a half (no chance they'd fit in my Civic). ;) I was passed twice by cops as I was carrying the signs down the road. Neither showed any interest.

Ford Man 11-05-2008 08:37 AM

At least there will be one good thing come from the election. Lots of free mods.

groar 11-05-2008 09:23 AM

Just do it naturally just as if you were doing your job ;)

Do you think people will remove these signs by night ? no. So do it during day.

If you look natural, people will not see anything strange. Except if usually these signs are staying there during months :(

If someone ask you any question then say the truth : you are recycling wastes and that thanks to them you are going to save dinosaur juice and reject less CO2 in air :thumbup:

Denis.

trebuchet03 11-05-2008 09:29 AM

Coroplast signs were rare this year in my area... They seemed to have switched to this thin plastic bag stretched over the frame :/

Sean T. 11-05-2008 05:00 PM

well, after about a hundred miles of driving over the course of 2 hours... I came home with a trunk... no, CAR full of signs.

2 of them are actually too large to use as front air dams. Exactly the perfect length to reach each wheelwell, but they will need to be cut down about 6 inches to fit between the headlights and the ground.

One is the same size as the two mentioned above, but only about 3/4 as long.

Another is a very large square, it just BARELY fit in my trunk. When sitting on the ground, it easily reaches the car window.

I also got 4 small coroplast signs and a ton of plastic signs... not the garbage bag style, but almost like coroplast without the corrugation.

I'm so excited!!!