Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now
 


Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2021, 11:33 AM   #281 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
redneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SC Lowcountry
Posts: 1,732

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanks: 220
Thanked 1,318 Times in 688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Note that is is gang attacks on non-adult gorillas, probably ambush style. Chimps are noted terrorism fanciers, they are neurotic in personality with tendencies towards bullying..

Why the Ä&%\\ do I know this????

We share between 94 and 99 percent of the same genes, depending on the study.



We are them...

They are us...





>

.

__________________


Woke means you're a loser....everything woke turns to ****.

Donald J Trump 8/21/21




Disclaimer...

Iím not a climatologist, aerodynamicist, virologist, physicist, astrodynamicist or marine biologist..

But...

I play one on the internet.

  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 08-10-2021, 12:53 PM   #282 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
freebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: northwest of normal
Posts: 23,382
Thanks: 6,600
Thanked 7,460 Times in 6,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
Now where did they learn that?
There's an old saying monkey, see monkey do. We don't set a good example. But chimps are evil, they will eat their caretaker's face.
__________________
.
.

Without freedom of speech we wouldn't know who all the idiots are. -- anonymous poster
____________________

Not responsible for spelling until vBulletin's British-spelling leaning spell checker is fixed.
____________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 12:22 PM   #283 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
aerohead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sanger,Texas,U.S.A.
Posts: 14,525
Thanks: 22,541
Thanked 6,715 Times in 4,255 Posts
spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
You originally said electromagnetic spectrum.
And no sun x-rays, solar ions, deep space particles have not been factored in to clumsy failed climate models.
1) Solar physicists continuously monitor the entire electromagnetic spectrum:
* absolute radiometry
* ephemereal active regions
* faculae/ moats/ plage fields
* infrared luminosity
* magnetohydrodynamics
* visible luminosity
* ultraviolet luminosity
* radio activity
* X-ray flux
* Gamma-ray flux
* Heliospheric magnetic field flux
* neutrinos
* photospheric latitudinal rotation
* plasma
* sunspots
* Alfve'n waves
* Parker spirals
* solar wind
* whistler-type waves
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* I've read of 60- terrestrial atoms which exist as un-bounded atomic nuclei, electrons, and protons in the Sun's plasma, solar wind, flares, and CMEs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Most intersteller/ intergalactic particles ( cosmic 'rays' ) are stopped dead, 100- Astronomical Units from the Sun, at the Heliopause. Neutral particles are immune, and stream right into the solar system. Neutrinos blow right through us.
* The cosmic 'rays' which get to us, react in the upper atmosphere, while down below ( at 8-miles ), we experience mainly secondary particles created up in the thermosphere ( 350-405-miles up )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the literature, I'm given to understand that, climate, general circulation models, are primarily concerned with visible and ultraviolet light.
Visible light, albedo, and the 'parasol-effect' go hand in hand as far as directly-reflected radiation to space.
Ultraviolet radiation, once it 'touches' Earth, is converted to long-wave, infrared radiation, which cannot escape though greenhouse gases and back into space. The greenhouse effect.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other branches of solar physics concern themselves with space weather: Carrington events, planet sterilizing flares, and Coronal Mass Ejections, etc..
__________________
Photobucket album: http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj622/aerohead2/
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 12:53 PM   #284 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
aerohead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sanger,Texas,U.S.A.
Posts: 14,525
Thanks: 22,541
Thanked 6,715 Times in 4,255 Posts
shields down

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Especially right now with the [magnetic] shields down.


A flat statement with hyperlinked source?
The World Data Center/ UK Particle Physics & Astronomy Research Council, UK, published that even during the Maunder Minimum, the Sun continued to produce a weak and cyclic magnetic field.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yu. A. Mytsyk and Victor A. Loisha, Dneproppetsrovsk University, Tomsk, Siberia, USSR, published data from Russia, Ukraine, Polish, Armenian, German, and English sources, indicating up to 217 grand aurora during the 70-years of the Maunder Minimum; averaging around 2.8- aurora / year, same as for 1989.
And there's no evidence that life on Earth was ever remarkably impacted by the event.
__________________
Photobucket album: http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj622/aerohead2/
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:14 PM   #285 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist
 
oil pan 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NewMexico (USA)
Posts: 10,329

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanks: 248
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
1) Solar physicists continuously monitor the entire electromagnetic spectrum:
* absolute radiometry
* ephemereal active regions
* faculae/ moats/ plage fields
* infrared luminosity
* magnetohydrodynamics
* visible luminosity
* ultraviolet luminosity
* radio activity
* X-ray flux
* Gamma-ray flux
* Heliospheric magnetic field flux
* neutrinos
* photospheric latitudinal rotation
* plasma
* sunspots
* Alfve'n waves
* Parker spirals
* solar wind
* whistler-type waves
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* I've read of 60- terrestrial atoms which exist as un-bounded atomic nuclei, electrons, and protons in the Sun's plasma, solar wind, flares, and CMEs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Most intersteller/ intergalactic particles ( cosmic 'rays' ) are stopped dead, 100- Astronomical Units from the Sun, at the Heliopause. Neutral particles are immune, and stream right into the solar system. Neutrinos blow right through us.
* The cosmic 'rays' which get to us, react in the upper atmosphere, while down below ( at 8-miles ), we experience mainly secondary particles created up in the thermosphere ( 350-405-miles up )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the literature, I'm given to understand that, climate, general circulation models, are primarily concerned with visible and ultraviolet light.
Visible light, albedo, and the 'parasol-effect' go hand in hand as far as directly-reflected radiation to space.
Ultraviolet radiation, once it 'touches' Earth, is converted to long-wave, infrared radiation, which cannot escape though greenhouse gases and back into space. The greenhouse effect.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other branches of solar physics concern themselves with space weather: Carrington events, planet sterilizing flares, and Coronal Mass Ejections, etc..
And it all gets ignored by the "climate scientists". They still use the known debunked solar irradiance study from 1996, you know the one that's been deleted off university online libraries on account of it being debunked and retraced.
If all cosmic rays are stopped 100 au out what is the "oh my god particle"?
__________________
1984 chevy suburban, custom made 6.5L diesel turbocharged with a Garrett T76 and Holset HE351VE, 22:1 compression 13psi of intercooled boost.
1989 firebird mostly stock. Aside from the 6-speed manual trans, corvette gen 5 front brakes, 1LE drive shaft, 4th Gen disc brake fbody rear end.
2011 leaf SL, white, portable 240v CHAdeMO, trailer hitch, new batt as of 2014.
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oil pan 4 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-11-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 01:15 PM   #286 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
freebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: northwest of normal
Posts: 23,382
Thanks: 6,600
Thanked 7,460 Times in 6,083 Posts
Quote:
From the literature, I'm given to understand that, climate, general circulation models, are primarily concerned with visible and ultraviolet light.
....
Other branches of solar physics concern themselves with space weather: Carrington events, planet sterilizing flares, and Coronal Mass Ejections, etc..
It's all one thing. Science and philosophy used to be one thing as well.

Video on 2021 IPCC Report: https://youtu.be/BOSewUsjz_k
__________________
.
.

Without freedom of speech we wouldn't know who all the idiots are. -- anonymous poster
____________________

Not responsible for spelling until vBulletin's British-spelling leaning spell checker is fixed.
____________________
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-11-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 02:01 PM   #287 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
aerohead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sanger,Texas,U.S.A.
Posts: 14,525
Thanks: 22,541
Thanked 6,715 Times in 4,255 Posts
ignored.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
And it all gets ignored by the "climate scientists". They still use the known debunked solar irradiance study from 1996, you know the one that's been deleted off university online libraries on account of it being debunked and retraced.
If all cosmic rays are stopped 100 au out what is the "oh my god particle"?
I have no knowledge of what climate scientists ignore.
I've no knowledge that any data used in the general circulation models has been debunked.
If you'll re-read my comment, I provided two cosmic particles which routinely pass through the Heliopause and on to Earth's geomagnetic field.
I have no idea what an 'oh my god particle' is.
__________________
Photobucket album: http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj622/aerohead2/
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 02:07 PM   #288 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
aerohead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sanger,Texas,U.S.A.
Posts: 14,525
Thanks: 22,541
Thanked 6,715 Times in 4,255 Posts
one thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
It's all one thing. Science and philosophy used to be one thing as well.

Video on 2021 IPCC Report: https://youtu.be/BOSewUsjz_k
I differ with you on that one.
'Climate' happens within 8-miles of sea-level. Anything not 'coupled' to the troposphere ( and I'm not saying that there aren't things ) would generally be of no interest to a climatologist.
__________________
Photobucket album: http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj622/aerohead2/
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 02:26 PM   #289 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist
 
oil pan 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NewMexico (USA)
Posts: 10,329

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanks: 248
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
I have no knowledge of what climate scientists ignore.
I've no knowledge that any data used in the general circulation models has been debunked.
If you'll re-read my comment, I provided two cosmic particles which routinely pass through the Heliopause and on to Earth's geomagnetic field.
I have no idea what an 'oh my god particle' is.
No one cares about neutrinos.
Any climate report out there has a list of papers, studies and reports used. For the 2021 report they cite a solar forcing as a one of their sources but don't actually use it anywhere in the report. So now we know they are aware of and willfully ignore the science that interferes with their predetermined outcome.
The "oh my god particle" has its own Wikipedia page.
__________________
1984 chevy suburban, custom made 6.5L diesel turbocharged with a Garrett T76 and Holset HE351VE, 22:1 compression 13psi of intercooled boost.
1989 firebird mostly stock. Aside from the 6-speed manual trans, corvette gen 5 front brakes, 1LE drive shaft, 4th Gen disc brake fbody rear end.
2011 leaf SL, white, portable 240v CHAdeMO, trailer hitch, new batt as of 2014.
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oil pan 4 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-11-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 02:37 PM   #290 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
aerohead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sanger,Texas,U.S.A.
Posts: 14,525
Thanks: 22,541
Thanked 6,715 Times in 4,255 Posts
particle forcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
It's all one thing. Science and philosophy used to be one thing as well.

Video on 2021 IPCC Report: https://youtu.be/BOSewUsjz_k
Particle forcing would be sulfate aerosols from coal-fired power plants in the stratosphere, which presently are lowering Earth's temperature by 0.5 F, via the parasol-effect.
Once the remaining coal-fired power plants are turned off, Earth's average temperature will rise another half a degree with a month or so.

__________________
Photobucket album: http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj622/aerohead2/
  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com