Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2019, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
eco....something or other

wood hauler - '91 Ford F-250
Team Pontiac
90 day: 18.97 mpg (US)

Rav - '06 Toyota Rav4 Base
90 day: 26.52 mpg (US)
Lightbulb Plowing snow with the rav4

Alright folks, this is a win for me.

I was given a Snowsport HD in exchange for helping someone work on their vehicle. I mounted it on the back of the rav and pushed some snow. WOW! I am blown away at how well it works! I was pushing piles of snow as tall as the hood and the rav4 didn’t even care. My foot was barely on the gas. I plowed the parking area and the path to the barn and then decided to do the main driveway with the regular plow truck since it’s a 1/3 mile long and 20-30 feet wide. I didn’t feel like doing that in reverse in the dark. The rav4 pushed the snow 10 times easier than the truck! Pushing a big steel plow must really be a drag, lol. I’m building a front hitch and mount for the front of the rav4 so I can put the plow on the front and see where I am going.

This is a huge fuel and time saver for us. The truck takes a bunch of fuel to clear everything out, and the rav4 just idles along sipping gas. This is one of the best vehicle mods I have done. Now my wife can plow snow if she wants, and we can easily drive around and plow out family members without taking the truck.

1991 F-250:
4.9L, Mazda 5 speed, 4.10 10.25" rear
The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacCarlson For This Useful Post:
Gasoline Fumes (02-05-2019)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-06-2019, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,104 Times in 974 Posts
Get yourself the front hitch and mount the plow to the front. You will be amazed. We were using a 6 ft one on a polaris which would work faster than 3 blowers.

IsaacCarlson (02-06-2019)
Reply  Post New Thread