EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Denton resident dumps her car for E-bike (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/denton-resident-dumps-her-car-e-bike-38221.html)

aerohead 03-11-2020 12:54 PM

Denton resident dumps her car for E-bike

Leaving the grocery store I encountered a Denton resident on a 'primo' E-bike, from a local dealer/service provider.With panniers,she's able to take care of shopping and necessities,and she's let her car go,as she feels that the bike provides all of her in-town mobility needs.She also said that Denton is incentivizing such behavior.And all without any Green New Deal,or legislation from the US Congress!
Local.Municipal. Small business.

Fat Charlie 03-11-2020 06:01 PM

And that's the whole point of those legislated incentives. They created enough buzz and demand that capacity got built and now the market has shifted enough that it's a perfectly reasonable choice, no crusading involved.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 03-11-2020 06:44 PM

Incentivating some alternative transportation might not be a bad idea, as long as there is no portray of cars as villains like it's often done.

oil pan 4 03-11-2020 08:41 PM

That sounds suicidal. I have been there plenty of times.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 03-12-2020 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil pan 4 (Post 618783)
That sounds suicidal.

Besides the infrastructure issue, another matter of concern is cyclists often becoming quite reckless. At least in my hometown that's a major issue.

Piotrsko 03-12-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 618804)
Besides the infrastructure issue, another matter of concern is cyclists often becoming quite reckless. At least in my hometown that's a major issue.

Better reckless than the bike Nazis we have here.

oil pan 4 03-12-2020 10:58 AM

I have noticed that bicyclists think that because they don't have an engine, motor vehicle laws don't apply to them.

jjackstone 03-12-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil pan 4 (Post 618819)
I have noticed that bicyclists think that because they don't have an engine, motor vehicle laws don't apply to them.

Only the ones that don't want to live too long.
JJ

Hersbird 03-12-2020 01:36 PM

Meanwhile I can drive a 1943 Willys on a forest service road but risk a ticket on my homemade ebike because it can't be licensed. It's a bicycle according to my state and a motorcycle according to the US Forest Service. So as a motorcycle needs plates to ride on a forest road, but the state won't issue it plates because it's clearly a bicycle according to their rules. The Forest Service needs to update their rules on ebikes.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 03-15-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotrsko (Post 618813)
the bike Nazis we have here

We have a lot of them here too :mad: