EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   Do Metros have back seat belts & do child seats need to be installed on a seat (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/do-metros-have-back-seat-belts-do-child-2139.html)

Wayneburg 05-03-2008 11:39 AM

Do Metros have back seat belts & do child seats need to be installed on a seat
 
Hi, Do Geo/Chevy Metros have 3 point seat belts or lap seat belts in the back seat?

I'm thinking about getting a Metro and taking out the back seat, but I still want to keep the seat belts because I want to be able to put 2 child car seats in the back. I guess my next question would be: Do child car seats have to be installed on a seat for them to be used safely?

tasdrouille 05-03-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayneburg (Post 23136)
Hi, Do Geo/Chevy Metros have 3 point seat belts or lap seat belts in the back seat?

I'm thinking about getting a Metro and taking out the back seat, but I still want to keep the seat belts because I want to be able to put 2 child car seats in the back.

Stage 1, 2 or 3 seats?

2 rear facing stage 1 (<16 pounds or 26 inches) should fit.

2 rear facing stage 2 (under 1 yo but >16 pounds or 26 inches) WON'T fit unless improperly installed. Even in our Elantra, which has more interior space than a corolla or an Acura TL, we need to push forward to the maximum, rendering in unusable, the front passenger seat for the rear facing stage 2 we put our 6 mo old in to be properly installed.

2 forward facing stage 2 or stage 3 seats should fit no problem though.

Quote:

I guess my next question would be: Do child car seats have to be installed on a seat for them to be used safely?
Yes. That's how they are designed and are tested under those conditions.

BTW, if you are to use just one seat, you should never place it in the middle of the back seat as the universal anchor points are not designed for the seat to be used in this position (I don't know about using the 2 point seatbelt to secure the seat though). It should always be placed behind a front seat.

Coyote X 05-03-2008 04:45 PM

metro has 2 3pt belts in the back and no center belt :)

The shape of the floor under the seats makes it pretty much impossible to put a child seat in without the back seat. It is about 5-8lbs so there is no real weight savings from taking it out anyway.

Wayneburg 05-03-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coyote X (Post 23196)
metro has 2 3pt belts in the back and no center belt :)

The shape of the floor under the seats makes it pretty much impossible to put a child seat in without the back seat. It is about 5-8lbs so there is no real weight savings from taking it out anyway.

The backseat only weighs 5-8 pounds?! That seems so light. Is it just cushion and fabric?

SVOboy 05-03-2008 11:55 PM

Back seats really don't have much substance too them, since the hardware is mostly the frame of the car.

lovemysan 05-06-2008 11:31 PM

Do you guys use the mighty tite. http://www.skjp.com/products/index.p...yTite4866&id=6

I bought a radian 65 last year and it was impossible to install properly. I ended sending a nasty letter to sunshine about the seat after trying it in multiple vehicles. They responded nicely. Later I found these mighty tite's. They make car seat install much easier.

tasdrouille 05-07-2008 07:31 AM

Nice product, thanks! I'll grab one when I go to Boston in July.

dremd 05-07-2008 10:23 AM

SWEET! (Mighty tight)
Do you happen to know where to buy one?

Wayneburg 05-07-2008 01:11 PM

You can pick one up at Toys R Us or Babies R Us.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com