Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
95 civic vx.

91 crx with d15z1 engine/transmission?

hi i got a 1991 honda crx with a d15z1 engine.

i got everything hooked up original vx harness five wire o2 etc. i just need a transmission. the vx tranny seezed up from the previous owner. i now need to swap another tranny asap temporary.

however i have a obd2? d16y8 tranny on the side with missing speed sensor. i believe a ex tranny. will it fit without any problems i need to buy a new clutch and speed sensor. Will the d16y8 speed sensor fit the harness? the connectors will everything bolt up fine pls help asap.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-02-2011, 03:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Enthusiast

That's a hydraulic type clutch setup. If you have the conversion for that done, the Y8 will work, but the ratios are way too short for good fe with that motor. You really want the cx or vx transmission to go with it.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
95 civic vx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy72 View Post
That's a hydraulic type clutch setup. If you have the conversion for that done, the Y8 will work, but the ratios are way too short for good fe with that motor. You really want the cx or vx transmission to go with it.
yeah i already have the clutch master-cylinder and stuff put in from a hydro vx. but the problem is i don't have the y8 bolts for the transmission case? can i use the vx bolts for those, can everything just bolt right up without any problems? can i use the d15z1 vss? or i have to buy a y8 sensor will it bolt up to the vx harness connector?

what gas mileage will i get with the y8 tranny. and how close is the gear ratios. i just need a asap for it.what is fe? i need to get it running. but im waiting on the clutch.

Reply  Post New Thread