EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Tech (https://ecomodder.com/forum/off-topic-tech.html)
-   -   Does air in radiator increase warm up time? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/does-air-radiator-increase-warm-up-time-39488.html)

ilayda 06-17-2021 03:57 PM

Does air in radiator increase warm up time?

I'm hearing splashing in my dashboard like heater core is clogged but it is not. Just wondering if I can burp the air out, will it heat up faster in the morning?
smmgoal.com

Autobahnschleicher 06-17-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilayda (Post 650550)
I'm hearing splashing in my dashboard like heater core is clogged but it is not. Just wondering if I can burp the air out, will it heat up faster in the morning?
smmgoal.com

If you hear splashing, the heater core isn't clogged, there is something leaking.
Don't drive your car untill you managed to get that fixed or you might damage your engine.

freebeard 06-17-2021 05:50 PM

Else it might be rain-water in the ventilation system. Does it rain in Istanbul?

Also, welcome to Ecomodder.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 06-17-2021 06:02 PM

Air in radiator may increase the likelihood of a vapour-lock within the cooling system, with an increased risk of burning the head gasket and eventually bending the cylinder head.

samwichse 06-17-2021 07:11 PM

Lol you all are responding to this like it's a real question when they included a non functional link to a digital marketing agency right in their first and only post.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 06-17-2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samwichse (Post 650574)
like it's a real question

Who knows...

freebeard 06-17-2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Today, 11:57 AM
Maybe give it time to play out?

Some of the best threads have been abandoned by their OP, it sorta frees up the discussion.

aerohead 06-18-2021 03:09 PM

hearing

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilayda (Post 650550)
smmgoal.com

1) could it be the blower striking water in the fan housing, caused by a blocked condensate drain during air conditioner use?
2) I experienced this with a friend's package window air conditioner unit.
3) the buyer was required to drill out a factory located drain hole, which they failed to do.
4) If you have high humidity and flying insects that like to build nests inside machinery, it could explain what's happening.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 06-19-2021 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohead (Post 650645)
If you have high humidity and flying insects that like to build nests inside machinery, it could explain what's happening.

A friend recently complained about some strange water noise from the heater core on his car. Gotta have to check this.