EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Does driving to work count as eco-friendly? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/does-driving-work-count-eco-friendly-28351.html)

jeff88 03-04-2014 02:06 AM

Does driving to work count as eco-friendly?

It does when you're selling solar panels!!!

That's right, today was my first day working for SolarCity. I have been trying to get my 'career job', specifically SC for almost 5 years, with no luck. But today, everything changed!

I'm soooo excited, I just can't contain myself!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

California98Civic 03-04-2014 07:15 AM

Wonderful. Congratulations! We gotta get paid, and we often have to drive. You're going to be in sales or installs? I have been occasionally volunteering with installs with GRID Aleternative in Los Angeles.

Insight for life 03-04-2014 09:47 AM

Congrats!

Jyden 03-04-2014 11:30 AM

Congrats... Great job. Sold PV systems and heatpumps for 1½ year. Great job. Happy coustomers and doing good for the environment at the same time. Best of luck with the new job.

NachtRitter 03-04-2014 02:03 PM

Congratulations on the new job! Interested to hear how you like it. Do you get a deeper insight into the solar industry this way?

Cobb 03-04-2014 05:20 PM

:thumbup: Discounts for all eco mod members? :D

jeff88 03-04-2014 07:35 PM

Thanks guys!

This is in sales, I'll be setting up appointments with prospective customers at Home Depot, Best Buy, local farmer's markets, EXPO's, etc. I always wanted to do the GRID Alternative install, but it was just never in the cards.

NachtRitter, I think I will, but so far, it's pretty plain Jane. I did learn about how SolarCity has earned a few awards, which I didn't know about before, but that is obviously very micro oriented, not the industry as a whole.

Cobb, I'm not even sure if I get a discount! But if you want a system you know where to go! :D

Frank Lee 03-04-2014 07:42 PM

The job = great! But is the drive eco because of it? No.

NachtRitter 03-04-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff88 (Post 413745)
NachtRitter, I think I will, but so far, it's pretty plain Jane. I did learn about how SolarCity has earned a few awards, which I didn't know about before, but that is obviously very micro oriented, not the industry as a whole.

Ya, I wasn't sure if they would just feed you the "company line" or if you actually get the latest scoop on the industry.

Do you drive your own car or do you get a company car? I see a few Prii in my area with the logo on them.

yoyoyoda 03-04-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff88 (Post 413643)
It does when you're selling solar panels!!!

SO you can say to your boss "yes SIR mister so and so!".

I was going to come in here and say "not unless you work at a nursery or sell trees.

But you did it! You finally went and did it!

You finally got to be a superhero! :D