Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 2,643
Thanks: 1,502
Thanked 279 Times in 229 Posts
I believe hybrid revolt sells something like that for the older gen insight. The 2nd gen insight does this in eco mode.It numbs the throttle and cruse control so it is delayed, but further usage it does pick up its response.

  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 12-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #22 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles
 
rmay635703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere in WI
Posts: 3,886

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Thanks: 503
Thanked 865 Times in 652 Posts
I really need to find someone to tune up my cobalt this way, it has the same exact problem, 20% throttle gives you 95%+. A light touch and the rpms rev up to 2500 in neutral, impossible to rev match correctly due to the poor control.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: saint louis
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
where are you in WI? I tap my throttle to rev match, and it works great. I also had trifecta remove the throttle lag, so fine control of the throttle is more predictable and actually seems at least more progressive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles
 
rmay635703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere in WI
Posts: 3,886

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Thanks: 503
Thanked 865 Times in 652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 ion2 View Post
where are you in WI? I tap my throttle to rev match, and it works great. I also had trifecta remove the throttle lag, so fine control of the throttle is more predictable and actually seems at least more progressive.
I travel between Weston and Oshkosh most every week
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: saint louis
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
one thing I've noticed in general since the move from carburetors to fuel injection is the throttle pedal is more touchy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY state
Posts: 501

XJ Cherokee - '00 Jeep Cherokee Sport
90 day: 12.96 mpg (US)

FoFO - '11 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 36.78 mpg (US)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 51 Times in 38 Posts
There are at least 4 different programs on my Focus. It's hard figuring out which one it will be using.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 ion2 View Post
one thing I've noticed in general since the move from carburetors to fuel injection is the throttle pedal is more touchy.
On some drive by wire systems (chrysler) it's horrible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
ECOModder
 
Mr. Previa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 84

RAV - '13 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD
90 day: 27.56 mpg (US)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Smile

Interested thread. I don't seem to have that issue with my '13 RAV4. On a note, it does have the ECO/Sport buttons.

I also had a 2010 Prius. It was very smooth also. I even converted it to a plugin and it performed well in regards to the "surging" and pedal response. hmm, if memory serves me right the Prius also had the ECO/Sport buttons.

Perhaps manufactures, at least Toyota, are paying attention to this. IDK...
__________________
3585 pounds of twisted steel.
Recreational | Active | Vehicle | 4x4
...scratch that... AWD
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
ever_green's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 264

gueff - '19 Mercedes Benz A250 4MATIC AMG
90 day: 30.55 mpg (US)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 79 Times in 33 Posts
Now that the throttle has been tuned to perfection, I have moved on to other things like tuning fuel and timing. I have already increased part throttle timing without issues and now have been looking at idle timing. I was wondering what effects ignition timing has at idle and coasting on fuel economy? I have read lower timing during fuel-cutoff/coasting means less engine breaking. If so this is a good thing for fuel economy purposes? My current timing is set at 15* at idle and up to 30* when coasting at speed. For some reason the manual (5-speed) ECU calls for only 9* of timing at low RPM idle. Why the difference?


Idle Ignition Timing Table

as for fuel I have not been able to induce lean burn. Lowering values above 0 simply just sends the car to open loop. However I have managed to replace it with leaner numbers. This is how the fuel map looks like:


closed loop fueling table. To calculate AFR subtract from 14.7. Ie. -0.1 means 14.6:1 AFR. I simply replaced all values at lower RPMs with 0 to run at 14.7.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ever_green View Post
Now that the throttle has been tuned to perfection, I have moved on to other things like tuning fuel and timing. I have already increased part throttle timing without issues and now have been looking at idle timing. I was wondering what effects ignition timing has at idle and coasting on fuel economy? I have read lower timing during fuel-cutoff/coasting means less engine breaking. If so this is a good thing for fuel economy purposes? My current timing is set at 15* at idle and up to 30* when coasting at speed. For some reason the manual (5-speed) ECU calls for only 9* of timing at low RPM idle. Why the difference?


Idle Ignition Timing Table

as for fuel I have not been able to induce lean burn. Lowering values above 0 simply just sends the car to open loop. However I have managed to replace it with leaner numbers. This is how the fuel map looks like:


closed loop fueling table. To calculate AFR subtract from 14.7. Ie. -0.1 means 14.6:1 AFR. I simply replaced all values at lower RPMs with 0 to run at 14.7.
It been long time since i messed around with timing curves .
things to watch out for If my memory is still good . high timing in low rpm/load can increase emissions . whats in your chart doesn't seem to bad at low speeds (500-1500 ).
What was the stock values .
Manual model will have no load at idle vers auto is always in gear so can handle slightly more timing , I think the curves are mainly influenced by emission output then performance .
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #30 (permalink)
A madman
 
brucey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 1,018

Pequod - '17 Subaru Outback
90 day: 22.79 mpg (US)
Thanks: 73
Thanked 183 Times in 98 Posts
Send a message via AIM to brucey
There was talk in another thread of having the throttle open when fuel injectors are cut off. Resulting in less pumping losses and able to ride DFCO longer. Would that be something that is programmable?

  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brucey For This Useful Post:
kyanox (04-11-2016)
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com