EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Drove the Geo home @ 46 mpg briskly and not modded. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/drove-geo-home-46-mpg-briskly-not-modded-4024.html)

ATaylorRacing 07-24-2008 10:16 AM

Drove the Geo home @ 46 mpg briskly and not modded.

I introduced myself yesterday and a buddy of mine drove me to get a 96 Geo Metro from Columbus, OH. The car ran fine and the first 60 miles were at 65-70 then the remainder of the 195 mile trip was done at 60-63...I got 46 mpg ...but my friend got 38 in his 200? Pontiac ? V6!:eek: We were both shocked since driving there he got 32.5, which was his best ever with mostly interstate driving at 5 mph above the limit. I pointed out that we drove more slowly on the by-ways and he was close enough to get a small tow from me.

I did nothing to the car yet and drove with my window open...whenever I closed it I could feel the car run quicker. My plans are to gut it. I drag race a 84 Plymouth Horizon that is down to 1810 lbs and still is driven to the trak and back, so I am no stranger to this! I will get headlight covers and block off half of the grill area under the bumper. Raising the air pressure and EOC will be done too....I was getting 46 with a 98 Neon 5 speed this way.:D

me and my metro 07-24-2008 10:25 AM

Welcome, I have blocked the entire grill on my 95 and even on 95 degree days the temps run the same. Good luck with the metro. With a little pulse and glide they get over 50.

SVOboy 07-24-2008 12:56 PM

Yeah, the metros tend to get hurt at speed, but that's the price you pay for kicking butt around town.

Johnny Mullet 07-24-2008 08:16 PM

I can see you getting 60MPG from this car in a matter of a month. Make it a goal.

And join the rest of us "Metro Modders" here.................
Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com - Metro Modders

RacerX 07-24-2008 10:57 PM

Welcome to Ecomodder. Congrats on your new buy !

Will 07-24-2008 11:09 PM

Yes, congrats. You cannot go wrong with a Metro! Just watch those control arms.

ATaylorRacing 07-25-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing (Post 47177)
I introduced myself yesterday and a buddy of mine drove me to get a 96 Geo Metro from Columbus, OH. The car ran fine and the first 60 miles were at 65-70 then the remainder of the 195 mile trip was done at 60-63...I got 46 mpg ...but my friend got 38 in his 200? Pontiac ? V6!:eek: We were both shocked since driving there he got 32.5, which was his best ever with mostly interstate driving at 5 mph above the limit. I pointed out that we drove more slowly on the by-ways and he was close enough to get a small tow from me.

I did nothing to the car yet and drove with my window open...whenever I closed it I could feel the car run quicker. My plans are to gut it. I drag race a 84 Plymouth Horizon that is down to 1810 lbs and still is driven to the trak and back, so I am no stranger to this! I will get headlight covers and block off half of the grill area under the bumper. Raising the air pressure and EOC will be done too....I was getting 46 with a 98 Neon 5 speed this way.:D

I got 50.8 mpg at 55-60 mph after having changed plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor.:thumbup:

Will 07-26-2008 06:30 AM

If you could you might want to take pics and do a build thread. I would like to see the gutting....

That sounds really really wrong.

ATaylorRacing 07-26-2008 09:44 AM

I might not gut it as much as I wanted to because I still have a baby seat for the 2 year old and my parents do not drive so I am their transportation. I must be able to carry a set of Mustang rims with tires mounted and still have my 2 year old in his seat but with no parents. I am thinking of replacing the back seat with a single front seat for the boy. My Neon can carry that with no problem and without the kid I can carry 8 rims with tires in the interior and 4 rims in the trunk.