EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Drunken Driver Hits 4 Cars In 1 Driveway - Self-Made Electric Car Totaled In Crash (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/drunken-driver-hits-4-cars-1-driveway-self-6638.html)

jesse.rizzo 01-03-2009 06:49 PM

Drunken Driver Hits 4 Cars In 1 Driveway - Self-Made Electric Car Totaled In Crash

Quote:

Prairie Village police said a drunken driver crashed into a taxi and then hit all four cars that were parked in one man's driveway.

According to police, Dorothy Moore, 26, was speeding down the wrong lanes of 75th Street early Sunday morning before she hit a taxi, lost control of her vehicle and then crashed into all four cars parked in Brian Najonechy's driveway.

Police said that although Moore crashed at nearly 60 mph, she walked away without a scratch. The police report said her blood-alcohol content was 2.5 times over the legal limit.

Najonechy wants the mess cleaned up and his cars fixed, but said he is frustrated because Moore's insurance hasn't yet contacted him.

One of the cars totaled in the crash was an electric car Najonechy said he built himself.

According to Najonechy, he spent more than 200 hours building the one-of-a-kind electric car that cost him two cents a mile to drive, could reach speeds of 70 mph, and was worth about $19,000.

Najonechy said he is lucky, however, that Moore did not crash into his home. If she had, the vehicle would have crashed into the bedroom where he, his wife and two children were sleeping.
Video here: Video

SVOboy 01-03-2009 10:39 PM

What a moron, :(

festivaWES 01-04-2009 07:50 AM

what a loss...idiot driver.

echomodder 01-04-2009 12:55 PM

If there's one thing I HATE it's a drunk driver!:mad::mad: Figures she "she walked away without a scratch". Probably so drunk to even realized the she crashed. I hope he is able to fix the electric car, if not what a loss.

wagonman76 01-05-2009 12:40 PM

Poor guy probably wont see a dime. Usually the jerks like Dorothy Moore are the ones who are driving without insurance to start with.

brihoo2k 03-21-2009 11:56 AM

I think I would salvage as much as possible of of the wrecked ev and make her insurance pay. If she even has any insurance.

aerohead 03-21-2009 12:12 PM

Totaled

Ah yes,alcohol,America's drug of choice.

Johnny Mullet 03-21-2009 11:06 PM

At least nobody was hurt or killed.

Christ 03-21-2009 11:28 PM

"...the bedroom where he, his wife, and two children were sleeping."

1. I hope that's a big bedroom.
2. What the...?

Other than that, drunken driving is the leading cause of stupid assholes crashing into stuff that isn't moving... at least I believe it is. If it's not, o'well, they're still stupid assholes. I should know, I used to be one. ;)

McTimson 03-22-2009 08:26 AM

I have a funny story like that...

My brother and my sister live right next to each other. My brother had just gotten an old backhoe that wasn't in the greatest condition, but was huge. So, he was playing around with it in his yard, and the brakes weren't working right, and he drove it right into my sister's minivan. Luckily, it only broke the rear hatch, but he was able to replace it, and it was good to go.

So, about a week later, they had the minivan at a repair shop getting the brakes done, or something, and as it was sitting there overnight, a drunk driver plowed right into the side of it, totaling the van. Luckily for them, this was an unusually nice drunk driver, and they left a note on the windshield saying they were sorry, with their name and address and everything. I'm not sure how much they got out of it, but they ended up getting a new van anyway.

So, my brother kinda did them a favor by driving his backhoe into their van.