EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Unicorn Corral (https://ecomodder.com/forum/unicorn-corral.html)
-   -   dynovalve (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/dynovalve-26373.html)

Frank Lee 07-10-2013 02:21 PM

dynovalve

GD it! :mad: I had a good detailed post disappear into cyberspace due to thread lockage.

mechman600 07-10-2013 02:49 PM

Way to reopen the can of worms.
My question is: will the dynovalve work on my electric car?:snail:

Frank Lee 07-10-2013 03:03 PM

Well I was going somewhere that- who knows- might have been productive, by drawing parallels to the 376 mpg Opel "Vapor Engine" with it's extensive utilization of crankcase fumes.

But I couldn't re-type all that I had in my lost post if I tried.

t vago 07-10-2013 03:11 PM

Dynovalve Frank... Lee? :D

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Frank Lee 07-10-2013 03:14 PM

Ha! I'm not pitching for it... yet...

gone-ot 07-10-2013 03:50 PM

"Dynovalve" = buzz word for dinosaur nostril?

mechman600 07-10-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 379938)
"Dynovalve" = buzz word for dinosaur nostril?

Nailed it.

MetroMPG 07-10-2013 04:28 PM

Sorry, Frank.

That thread was a disaster of stock-pumping enthusiasts and bad science.

I held out hope the new guy would be less marketing-y and more information-y. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me 6 or 7 times, I may eventually learn.

Xist 07-10-2013 06:04 PM

I had missed out on the excitement. I opened the original thread after this one, so I saw two pages of new posts on a closed thread.

Frank Lee 07-10-2013 08:09 PM

You had missed out on the excrement.

gone-ot 07-10-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 379988)
You had missed out on the excrement.

Yeah, we don't want to 'over-feed' the Uni-Corn Trolls (like goldfish) and have their deaths be on our collective consciences, now would we (wink,wink)?

ChazInMT 07-10-2013 11:12 PM

I try to always copy paste my post to a word doc to save it in the eventuality that the site crashes or I Spaz out and close the thread while researching something. More than a few times I've had an hour or more into a post only to hav..............

Frank Lee 07-10-2013 11:50 PM

Yeah that used to happen to me with some regularity when I was on dial-up but I switched and became complacent. :/

wickydude 07-11-2013 02:55 AM

Pity that other thread was closed. I was having a good time seeing those guys make fools of themselves LOL

stiletto2 08-23-2013 12:35 PM

2nd chances?

Rats!!! Came to the other thread a little too late to "add my voice". I'm a skeptic too and yet I believe in the value of "trust, but verify". Too bad the chance to attempt at procuring a couple examples of the device for testing by ecomodder members has gone away. (free of charge of course possibly to be returned or tested by several members)

If there would have been refusal to put ones money where their mouth was then we certainly would have even more validation for expressing strongly the pessimism of the product and its claims. I might have been given hints at that with the talking down to members here about the totally unnecessary and irrelevant history of the PCV. And the continued insistence on citing the CARB documents which clearly are not an endorsement; they only say the results from testing show that there is no worsening if you will, of the exhaust products. (At least that is how I understood it)

Anybody coming here to push an idea/product/procedure had better be ready to provide back up to their claims in a manner that conforms to A-B-A testing and other ecomodder approved criteria.

It seems to me though, that shysters, con men, snake oil salesmen, crooks, hustlers, kooks and kool-aid drinkers start out by being close minded, over the top enthusiastic, pushy, evasive to pointed questions, boastful, resorting to insults/name calling, ridiculing, bluffing, huffing and puffing, attempting distraction by referring to irrelevant/unrelated things or being disingenuous, misleading, deceitful or outright lying.... and end up still being that way; the whole time; rarely if ever giving in to compliance or compromise. A lot like a troll actually. Folks that after a time show themselves to obviously have attributes like that can pretty much just be discounted all together.

Yes, Trust but verify. But when asked, if they keep steppin in it and sticking their foot in their mouth, then we ought to just be shun of them.

JMO